Randy Peterson on KXNO

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I could see CB's frustration with poor point guard play. DG had a decent game driving and scoring last night, but is he really running the offense correctly? Or is it a case of a poor offensive game plan to begin with?

I Agree.....I listed before that poor point guard play was the biggest reason that this team will struggle all year.

What you have here boys, is that Colvin thinks that DG is doing a lousy job and Colvin wants more playing time and guess what...McDud wont give Colvin any more playing time......Dissention Baby Aint it a Bugger!!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I Agree.....I listed before that poor point guard play was the biggest reason that this team will struggle all year.

What you have here boys, is that Colvin thinks that DG is doing a lousy job and Colvin wants more playing time and guess what...McDud wont give Colvin any more playing time......Dissention Baby Aint it a Bugger!!
Colvin hasn't proven anything that says he should be playing over DG. End of story.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
DG is a better player than Colvin. Sometimes the truth hurts.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think Brackins shares some of the blame for not getting the ball enough. Most of the time he is posted up in the worst spots or not being physical enough to establish good position. It's hard to pass the ball to a guy that isn't in a good position to receive the pass.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Brackins had an attitude last year, played like he had something to prove. That attitude's been culled it seems.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I didn't see the whole game last night (actually only part of the second half) but I saw him battling for post position. Several times it looked like he had a guy sealed but we didn't work it to him.

I noticed that too, plus John and Eric mentioned a few times during the game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Colvin hasn't proven anything that says he should be playing over DG. End of story.

Exactly....and again, it's not like he isn't playing. He's playing significant minutes. I think that shows, that if he proves he is getting better, he'll get more and more minutes.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
What is the best way to get open running a half court offense? Believe it or not, it is setting a screen. At least that is Coach Knight's philosophy, but his offense has always been a motion offense. We utilize very few motion principles and have 2 or 3 guys standing around watching sets for 2 guys or 3 guys.

Does Craig ever set a screen somewhere on the court, then roll or cut elsewhere? It seems rare. Once in a while he will set that awful ball screen, but we apparently do not execute it well. When did CB ever set a screen, then come off 1 or 2 screens and receive the ball?

While I believe DG has grown tremendously as a player, I do not think he is the best PG mentally. The best point guards make excellent 'simple' passes. That is, when someone curls around a set screen, the pass timed perfectly for them to catch the ball, square up, and shoot. Not a Sportcenter-type dish, but one that is vital for half court offenses to flourish.

I would like to see Colvin and Buckley rotate at the 1, and I would like to see DG share time at the 2 & 3 and use his ability to drive from there and be more of a scorer. I think it would be good to get CB moving in a triangle from the top of the key @ 3 pt range and the 2 short corners, and I'd like to see Gilstrap at the 3 when we run big and at the 4 when we go small/quick. CB, DG, & MG all need to be at least @ 30 minutes per game. Minutes for the rest would depend on who is exhibiting the most effort & production, and do not tie the latter to points.

Help Support Us

Become a patron