Recruit List (Online Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nallen34

Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
nallen34 just briliant! Seriously though, I believe an accurate guess on Custer! If Kansas gives him an offer, he is theres. I know everyone is high on Maurice Jones seeing some serious minutes and the possibility of starting,but I have my doubts.. I don't think there is any question we need to go after a big man by either high school recruitment or transfer. You create very interesting posts that enjoyable to read!

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
If Reid Travis (2014) ends up really wanting to play both basketball and football D-1, is there any odds CPR gets on board with the idea as well? I'd love to have him for BBall and a good football athlete never hurts.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
If Reid Travis (2014) ends up really wanting to play both basketball and football D-1, is there any odds CPR gets on board with the idea as well? I'd love to have him for BBall and a good football athlete never hurts.

I just don't know how one does this unless he either stops playing football at season end or waits to play basketball. Splitting practices would lag him behind in both sports.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I just don't know how one does this unless he either stops playing football at season end or waits to play basketball. Splitting practices would lag him behind in both sports.

I agree. It seems like playing both sports in college is a recipe for being average at both. It's hard enough to be good at one let alone two.

nowncarolina

Oct 8, 2009
We had a student at our high school that ISU was recruiting, Bruce Ellington. He is now starting in football and starting point guard since freshman year for the Gamecocks. A tremendous athlete but they are few and far between. I wish he was in Ames rather than Columbia.

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
I agree with this but just saying, hypothetically, if he says he wants to come here but also wants to play both sports, will the coaches take him given he's a great player, or would they look for another single-sport athlete? That's all.

-- Even Julias Peppers gave up basketball after a year or two I think, didn't he? Regardless, it's a ridiculous dedication to try to play both.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I agree with this but just saying, hypothetically, if he says he wants to come here but also wants to play both sports, will the coaches take him given he's a great player, or would they look for another single-sport athlete? That's all.

-- Even Julias Peppers gave up basketball after a year or two I think, didn't he? Regardless, it's a ridiculous dedication to try to play both.

Have you ever heard of Tony Gonzalez?

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Have you ever heard of Tony Gonzalez?

Yes, we understand there are certain athletes that have done it (and done it well), but that's not addressing the question as to whether the coaches here in Ames would be too thrilled about the idea if it were to come to that with Travis.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Didn't Stevie Johnson go to football after he used up his eligibility in basketball...so he wouldn't have technically played both in the same year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron