RECRUITING: 6-8 four-star A'mare Bynum talks Iowa State visit, may not be done growing yet

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
RECRUITING: Four-star prospect A'Mare Bynum (@amarebynumm) was at Hilton Coliseum Sunday to see Iowa State's 92-37 win over Grambling State.

The 6-foot-8 '25 recruit recaps his visit with @cfchangs9 and says he may not be done growing just yet.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
RECRUITING: Four-star prospect A'Mare Bynum (@amarebynumm) was at Hilton Coliseum Sunday to see Iowa State's 92-37 win over Grambling State.

The 6-foot-8 '25 recruit recaps his visit with @cfchangs9 and says he may not be done growing just yet.

First time I've seen him listed as a center. Can he and Rock effectively share the floor?

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
We will need bigs for 2024, but I realize this thread is about a 2025 recruit. Right now, we know BRE, King and Ward are set to graduate and all commentary has been that Omaha is one-and-done. Thus we have JT coming off his redshirt, Fish as an undersized 4, and then Watson and Milan who both seem to play as much or more 3 than 4. I assume we will go portal shopping for 1 or more bigs this spring.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: chadly82

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We will need bigs for 2024, but I realize this thread is about a 2025 recruit. Right now, we know BRE, King and Ward are set to graduate and all commentary has been that Omaha is one-and-done. Thus we have JT coming off his redshirt, Fish as an undersized 4, and then Ward and Milan who both seem to play as much or more 3 than 4. I assume we will go portal shopping for 1 or more bigs this spring.

If Omaha is a one and done we have a top ten team quite easily.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyclones12321

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Schierman and Kalkbrenner being seniors at Creighton worry me a little.

• Funny
Reactions: NENick

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
nBA bases it on potential. Guessing he goes G league if has to. He’s one and done. Don’t get those hopes up
Omaha might be your non-traditional one and done. He is not going one and then NBA Lottery Pick done. He is likely going one and UDFA done, and develop in the G League, like you said. It sucks but hope he can at least kind of figure it out while he's in Ames. I am starting to wonder if we should even be hopeful for a 2nd season for him. He has looked that bad. Might be best for him to just move on and let TJ use the scholarship productively.