RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'd be curious what 25 programs are better than us right now.
Off the top of my head as far as National Respect/accomplishments/historic value/ability I found 19 schools so I guess I was a bit off. Some of the teams below are debatable and some teams not listed are debatable. There was many I put on the same lvl in some respects as us so I left them off (IE: Oregon, Baylor, etc)
MSU
Michigan
Ohio St
Indiana
Wisconsin
KU
Texas
Arizona
UCLA
UConn
UNC
Duke
Louisville
Notre Dame
Florida
Syracuse
Georgetown
UK
Gonzaga

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Off the top of my head as far as National Respect/accomplishments/historic value/ability I found 19 schools so I guess I was a bit off. Some of the teams below are debatable and some teams not listed are debatable. There was many I put on the same lvl in some respects as us so I left them off (IE: Oregon, Baylor, etc)
MSU
Michigan
Ohio St
Indiana
Wisconsin
KU
Texas
Arizona
UCLA
UConn
UNC
Duke
Louisville
Notre Dame
Florida
Syracuse
Georgetown
UK
Gonzaga
Ohio State is a no from me. But I agree with that list ftmp

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Oregon is a definite yes above us, and in the last 10 years Ohio State has been to 2 Final Fours, one playing in the national championship, an Elite Eight, and 2 Sweet sixteens

It's hard to know. I tend to agree that there are probably 25 programs ahead of us. But acting like typical Iowa State fans and saying that we are some mediocre program is stupid as well. Over the last 6 years (which is obviously a short time frame) there aren't 10 programs that have been more consistent than we have.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
MSU
Michigan
Ohio St
Indiana
Wisconsin
KU
Texas
Arizona
UCLA
UConn
UNC
Duke
Louisville
Notre Dame
Florida
Syracuse
Georgetown
UK
Gonzaga

Good list. Georgetown may be working its way out. Ewing may be the right guy, I don't know.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Oregon is a definite yes above us, and in the last 10 years Ohio State has been to 2 Final Fours, one playing in the national championship, an Elite Eight, and 2 Sweet sixteens

By that though you have to put Butler in there based on the last 10 years - 2 National Title game appearances - 2 Sweet Sixteens. 9 tournaments and only 1 first round exit - all with no seed better than 4.

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
MSU
Michigan
Ohio St
Indiana
Wisconsin
KU
Texas
Arizona
UCLA
UConn
UNC
Duke
Louisville
Notre Dame
Florida
Syracuse
Georgetown
UK
Gonzaga

I like your list. Other teams I think are above us would be Villanova, Xavier, Butler, and Virginia. We are definitely a top 25 program right now though

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
By that though you have to put Butler in there based on the last 10 years - 2 National Title game appearances - 2 Sweet Sixteens. 9 tournaments and only 1 first round exit - all with no seed better than 4.

Butler has to be the most underrated program in the country, they have upgraded conferences twice the last decade and not missed a beat. It's crazy with Indiana, Purdue and ND that Butler is the best program in that state this century. Even more impressive was they accomplished this with Todd Lickliter among their former coaches.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
Has anybody crunched the numbers to determine the average NCAA finish over the last ten years? I'm as big a Cyclone homer as there is but I don't think we'd make the top 25? Would love it if someone could prove me wrong. That's why Juiston needs to come here, he'll benefit from all the added glory of leading us into a more elite status!!!

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Has anybody crunched the numbers to determine the average NCAA finish over the last ten years? I'm as big a Cyclone homer as there is but I don't think we'd make the top 25? Would love it if someone could prove me wrong. That's why Juiston needs to come here, he'll benefit from all the added glory of leading us into a more elite status!!!
Iowa State is one of 10 schools to make six or more straight tournaments. Considering the Cyclones are 5-1 in the opening round and have made two sweet 16's, I would venture they are near the top 15 over the last decade.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Airsoft pistol to the back of your knee, what do you think our chances are?

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500