RECRUITING: Khaliel Rodgers commits

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
LT- Campos
LG- Dawson
C- JGJ
RG- Rodgers
RT- Foster

Just my opinion. Oge i doubt starts but depth will be.....Oge, Meeker, Curtis, Forbes, Mueller possibly. Have to see i guess but landing Dawson and Rodgers is just gigantic.

This is how I see it too. Once again, we are going to need the starting 5 to stay healthy. Still not much for quality depth but I think we're trending in the right direction.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Welcome to Ames Khaliel, thanks for choosing Iowa State!

And props to Coach Campbell and staff for closing the deal. Fantastic job.

• Friendly
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
It's gonna be fun to see what Manning does with some legit experienced and developed guys

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
raw

"Hype Train Overload!"
--Gotta believe we're going bowling this year...

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
@JStanz51 , can you guys give a rundown of the Oline in one of your upcoming podcasts? Would like to wrap my head around who is coming from where and who will probably get playing time and/or start.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Great news, but as others have said still need depth so that Big XII ready players can come into the game when guys get dinged up. Also need to get past the days where the season is all but over when one OL starter goes down in fall camp. That kind of stuff happens to everyone, but we have been screwed because of under recruiting of the position by the previous regime.

Just for "fun" looked back at the opening game box score last year against UNI. Total of 51 rushing yards and three rushing first downs. Hopefully with more experience and development we will see something very different on opening day 2017.

• Funny
Reactions: clonesalltheway

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Rogers and Dawson are possibly the two most important gets of this class. Welcome aboard Rogers!!

I agree. The lack of any running game through the first 4-5 games last year was very frustrating, and having some experience will be great. Manning is clearly a great OL coach, based on make something out of the mess he was dealt last year.

The real question for me is: Will these guys show up or is someone going to sweep them away in the spring like the guy from Maine last year?

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I agree. The lack of any running game through the first 4-5 games last year was very frustrating, and having some experience will be great. Manning is clearly a great OL coach, based on make something out of the mess he was dealt last year.

The real question for me is: Will these guys show up or is someone going to sweep them away in the spring like the guy from Maine last year?
The guy from Maine was likely easily swayed by the prestige of a Georgia in comparison to an ISU. A couple of guys from USC and Michigan have already been there, done that.

I mean, they're not here until they're here obviously, but I'm not that worried.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUguy and Hayes30

Help Support Us

Become a patron