RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Stopped over to the Rhode Island board. First they went through the emotions of Juiston's commitment rumor yesterday citing CF. ;)

Second one of their posters is claiming that RI stopped recruiting Juiston. Take it with a grain of salt but I thought it was interesting and would explain why there has been no word of a visit.
Weird RI gaining momentum and then cut ties in a week timeframe.

Ominous post though.
"As far as I know, we stopped recruiting him......the reason will remain unspoken for now."
"I still know quite a few people who are associated with the program. I was closer to the program back in the day, also.
Jake, we didn't "give up"....there are other reasons involved."
http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6643&start=300

So RI stops recruiting him and we start recruiting a player in Beverly at Juistons position. Sounds like things are pointing DePaul's direction. I hope not.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
So RI stops recruiting him and we start recruiting a player in Beverly at Juistons position. Sounds like things are pointing DePaul's direction. I hope not.

When you say it like that it makes it return to some of yesterday's concerns. But, I've been suggested to not be such a worry wart or negative nancy by others on here, so I'm going to go with Jamie's plane on this one. :)

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't think you troll like that if you don't feel pretty good about your chances.

Have you ever heard Jamie speak? OF COURSE he trolls like that no matter what. That's him.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
If this list were filled with other teams than DePaul and UNLV, I would usually agree with you. But Rhody would be the most impressive destination of the list, if I were a recruit. (other than ISU)

Especially if winning the next two years is one of his priorities as has been reported. RI being out if true should really help ISU's cause.

Aside of that I am actually pretty impressed how quiet Shakur is keeping his recruitment.
All the intention fan base seem to be in the dark for the most part.
CW seems to be the original source for all their info. Credit goes to him for helping us out.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I thought URI was worried about losing their coach to a high-major?

Hence some drama that he would not be there next year?

• Informative
Reactions: srjclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don't think you troll like that if you don't feel pretty good about your chances.
Hopefully. If it is a dead period, at the very least it's JP selling/promoting ISU during a dead period for Prohm more than it is trolling. I know we think CF is that important, but we're probably not the main target audience imo

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

If a coach banks on a commitment without actually having said commitment, coach should be fired. Recruiting fall back options "just in case" is what anyone and everyone does.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
When you say it like that it makes it return to some of yesterday's concerns. But, I've been suggested to not be such a worry wart or negative nancy by others on here, so I'm going to go with Jamie's plane on this one. :)

See, you say you're going to be positive, but your face is saying something else.

• Winner
Reactions: jsb

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
See, you say you're going to be positive, but your face is saying something else.

WTH? That is a smile emoji and you know nothing about my face. I'm just as optimistic of signing SJ as anyone else thats been posting on this board and at the same time just as anxious or interested if its Depaul or UNLV as well as many others. What do you want me to say? Okay, we're signing Brown, Juiston, Morrow, and that late gem that's still to declare his transfer. Mark it down.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Fall back options? I don't want or see our scholarships going to said options. Sounds defeatest at the least.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
WTH? That is a smile emoji and you know nothing about my face. I'm just as optimistic of signing SJ as anyone else thats been posting on this board and at the same time just as anxious or interested if its Depaul or UNLV as well as many others. What do you want me to say? Okay, we're signing Brown, Juiston, Morrow, and that late gem that's still to declare his transfer. Mark it down.

Relax it was just a joke. Clearly I can't see your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron