RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
After this weekend SJ will realize that the atmosphere and exposure at RI does not compare to Iowa State. I like our chances if it comes down to us or the Rams.

We are no doubt a more high caliber program, but the only thing that scares me is that Rhode Island is close to home. Maybe he got kinda home sick while playing ball at Hutchinson in Kansas and wants to go closer to home? Or like some have mentioned, maybe he wants to stay away from home because of all that has happened there

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
We should know by tomorrow if he's visiting URI this weekend...I'd think very soon. My hunch is we are going to either have a commit from him in next few days or it ain't happening prob..It's certainly possible he is also waiting to see who else we get to add to the 2017 team..so this weekends visits by Alstok/Brown are huge for more than just them commiting IMO.

Alstork is visiting?

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
upload_2017-4-20_20-39-0.png

The average Big 12 team is 17.44 points better than the average D-1 team.

The average A-10 team is just 3.80 points better than the average D-1 team.

The best conference in the land versus, basically, a perfectly mediocre one.

Come and prove it against Kansas, West Virginia, and Baylor (twice each!) -- not playing Dayton and VCU once and then trash like UMass and Duquesne the rest of the season.

Oct 18, 2016
We should know by tomorrow if he's visiting URI this weekend...I'd think very soon. My hunch is we are going to either have a commit from him in next few days or it ain't happening prob..It's certainly possible he is also waiting to see who else we get to add to the 2017 team..so this weekends visits by Alstok/Brown are huge for more than just them commiting IMO.

Agreed. If for no other reason than it being all day process to drive/fly/fly/drive from rural Hutchinson, Kansas to Kingston, Rhode Island, one would assume he's already in transit if he's visiting. Any update on this?

• Useful
Reactions: JaCyn

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Highly doubt hes visiting URI this weekend...URI forums have heard zip.. Unless its under radar unofficial visit that hes paying for which i doubt. DePaul is a real threat. Basically his BFF is the stud pg at DePaul and they played AAU together as well. Reason why I also think DePaul is a really threat is when media starts saying "Depaul doesnt appear to be any real threat" i worry.

If he hasnt decided by this weekend and strings it out to schedule an OV to say URI following week then I'd say we need to move on..

Hey if the kid wants to go play for literally the worst P6 program in the past decade then go for it.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Highly doubt hes visiting URI this weekend...URI forums have heard zip.. Unless its under radar unofficial visit that hes paying for which i doubt. DePaul is a real threat. Basically his BFF is the stud pg at DePaul and they played AAU together as well. Reason why I also think DePaul is a really threat is when media starts saying "Depaul doesnt appear to be any real threat" i worry.

If he hasnt decided by this weekend and strings it out to schedule an OV to say URI following week then I'd say we need to move on..

Hey if the kid wants to go play for literally the worst P6 program in the past decade then go for it.
Yeah, Eli Cain can balll. Didn't realize they played AAU together, and if they have a previous AAU coach there, then that is pretty scary. I would hate for him to end up there, for both his and our sake.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yeah, Eli Cain can balll. Didn't realize they played AAU together, and if they have a previous AAU coach there, then that is pretty scary. I would hate for him to end up there, for both his and our sake.
That's a ton of connections to overcome and the Big East makes a lot of sense for a NJ kid. Also the new arena and Chicago factor for them to sell.

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

The few details that have leaked about Juiston's recruitment is he wants a chance to get to the tourney. That could have lessened in importance after seeing DePaul and having the player/coaching ties. But I'm still going to assume that will be a major factor and ISU should help separate ISU if that is the assumption (unless we hear of a visit to Rhode Island).
I wouldn't put to much stock into the photo, likely just part to the process. ISU football does the same thing for targets on visits.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The few details that have leaked about Juiston's recruitment is he wants a chance to get to the tourney. That could have lessened in importance after seeing DePaul and having the player/coaching ties. I wouldn't put to much stock into the photo, just part to the process. ISU football does the same thing on visits.
I wasn't putting any stake in the photo at all, just sharing:)

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Can we schedule DePaul at home this year if he decides to go there?

Give him a big middle finger.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Can we schedule DePaul at home this year if he decides to go there?

Give him a big middle finger.
Geez, at least wait until he makes a final decision before getting emotional. Why would we want to go out if our way to give him a middle finger if he chooses to play with his friend?

• Agree
Reactions: baagoe

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Geez, at least wait until he makes a final decision before getting emotional. Why would we want to go out if our way to give him a middle finger if he chooses to play with his friend?

More of a metaphorical middle finger as in "Hey welcome to Hilton packed with 15,000 people"

Stay calm, its ok.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I didn't realize Grandstaff ended up at DePaul. That kid's been all over the place.
Three schools in under a year. RS sophomore next year, or a year away from a "contract year". Also was committed to Ok St at one time.

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
The few details that have leaked about Juiston's recruitment is he wants a chance to get to the tourney. That could have lessened in importance after seeing DePaul and having the player/coaching ties. But I'm still going to assume that will be a major factor and ISU should help separate ISU if that is the assumption (unless we hear of a visit to Rhode Island).
I wouldn't put to much stock into the photo, likely just part to the process. ISU football does the same thing for targets on visits.

Well if he picks DePaul, we know 6 straight NCAA appearances and Top10 fan base don't mean a lot from his perspective. Of course his pg friend, coach, and all will try to convince him that if he commits there, they could reach it next season, I suppose.

Idk, considering all the work put in by this staff, and his juco coach quoting/raving especially how important that is to him, I just think he would have committed by now. Totally different scenario, I realize, but it feels like Vaughn all over again as far as being excited about a guy, but one that may never come here. Articles indicate he's quiet and doesn't boast recruiting, etc. Maybe ISU is 'too big of a stage' for his liking, personality wise only. (I know many of you are laughing at that right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.