RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hope this kid commits to us or were are going to have some egg on our face for doing all this announcing how good he is and then he goes to UNLV.

• Funny
Reactions: WastedTalent

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
for those 'in the know' or with a good read of the situation, who are the big players and what are the %'s he ends up at each school? Are we sitting good? Are we over 50% shot at him? Less?

giphy.gif

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
for those 'in the know' or with a good read of the situation, who are the big players and what are the %'s he ends up at each school? Are we sitting good? Are we over 50% shot at him? Less?

I'm not in the know, but I'll answer anyway :)

It appears to be down to UNLV, Rhode Island and us. Kansas and DePaul have also been involved.

He visited UNLV two weekends ago, here last weekend, Depaul on monday and RI this weekend. It doesn't appear he's going to visit Kansas, but he was a couple hours away from Lawrence at his JUCO and has been there multiple times.

He's been seen, it seems, as an ISU lean for a while. We were the first in on him, before he blew up this year, and his first Power 5 conf offer. Prohm has been the lead recruiter on him and made it his top priority. A UNLV guy on twitter thinks he's going to UNLV because - basically - hookers and blow > cornfields. Rhode Island got involved late, but they are an up-and-coming tourney team with a good coach and are only a couple hours from his family.

Completely making this up, but I'd say the % breakdown of where he ends up is:

40% ISU
30% UNLV
20% Rhode Island
10% Kansas

• Informative
Reactions: JBone84

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
SIAP but I see Wigginton is following Juiston on Twitter now

Do you think Prohm tells the players to give him a follow and reach out to him and stuff to help with the recruiting or do the players follow and reach out to recruits on there own

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Do you think Prohm tells the players to give him a follow and reach out to him and stuff to help with the recruiting or do the players follow and reach out to recruits on their own
I have no doubt the players know what players can come in and help them win and who they want to play with.

EDIT: Remember recruit Allen Lazard tweeting another recruit that he would give him his number if he came to ISU? I'm sure the coaches didn't put him up to that.

Last edited:

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I have no doubt the players know what players can come in and help them win and who they want to play with.
Yup! Kinda like how Lindell referenced how he liked Terrence Lewis' game while meeting him on the visit, then they've been in contact ever since. I hope Lindell see's that Shakur is a huge need for us, and/or Prohm has told him as much.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I'm not in the know, but I'll answer anyway :)

It appears to be down to UNLV, Rhode Island and us. Kansas and DePaul have also been involved.

He visited UNLV two weekends ago, here last weekend, Depaul on monday and RI this weekend. It doesn't appear he's going to visit Kansas, but he was a couple hours away from Lawrence at his JUCO and has been there multiple times.

He's been seen, it seems, as an ISU lean for a while. We were the first in on him, before he blew up this year, and his first Power 5 conf offer. Prohm has been the lead recruiter on him and made it his top priority. A UNLV guy on twitter thinks he's going to UNLV because - basically - hookers and blow > cornfields. Rhode Island got involved late, but they are an up-and-coming tourney team with a good coach and are only a couple hours from his family.

Completely making this up, but I'd say the % breakdown of where he ends up is:

40% ISU
30% UNLV
20% Rhode Island
10% Kansas

Unless I missed something...not a single outlet or the URI forums have confirmed at all that he's visiting URI this weekend. He was actually going to visit KU this weekend but that appear to have not happened now.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I do worry about URI..a lot. They have one gap and it is at PF. Other than that they will be a top 25 team. However they also have a legit NBA draft pick on roster and couple other really good players...This may push SJ away more than anything. He's got 2 years to get better and prove himself at a higher level and that means getting a lot of touches and being a focal point not the 4th or 5th option..

At ISU he would be that focal point next couple seasons along with LW.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I do worry about URI..a lot. They have one gap and it is at PF. Other than that they will be a top 25 team. However they also have a legit NBA draft pick on roster and couple other really good players...This may push SJ away more than anything. He's got 2 years to get better and prove himself at a higher level and that means getting a lot of touches and being a focal point not the 4th or 5th option..

At ISU he would be that focal point next couple seasons along with LW.
I tend to think he is good enough that he is not afraid of really good players playing next to him.

• Agree
Reactions: bawbie

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
After this weekend SJ will realize that the atmosphere and exposure at RI does not compare to Iowa State. I like our chances if it comes down to us or the Rams.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I tend to think he is good enough that he is not afraid of really good players playing next to him.

He's a stud inside..stud..not so much for an outside shot though. Tremendous rebounder and defender and scorer inside..If I'm him at 6'7 im wanting to go to a place i can develop some outside game cause not a lot of 6'7 guys play the 4 in the NBA. Just sayin. Guess that's more what i was thinking.

Reactions: VeloClone

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
We should know by tomorrow if he's visiting URI this weekend...I'd think very soon. My hunch is we are going to either have a commit from him in next few days or it ain't happening prob..It's certainly possible he is also waiting to see who else we get to add to the 2017 team..so this weekends visits by Alstok/Brown are huge for more than just them commiting IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.