Alert: Regarding this week

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just an FYI my CF brothers (and sisters) that I got called for jury duty this week.

:eek:

Anyway, content will be lacking, unless they don't "select me." I've never done this before so I have no clue what I'm getting into.

Rob and Jared will be on the ground working hard for you and I'll be able to cover the game tomorrow night but I won't be around during the day if there is breaking news or anything like that. Just letting you all know so you don't get too worried about me. :smile:

Have a nice Sunday evening.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I've served on several - it's actually kind of interesting. I've heard, however, that if you walk into the courtroom and shout "they're all f*ing guilty!", odds are you won't be selected.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I've served on several - it's actually kind of interesting. I've heard, however, that if you walk into the courtroom and shout "they're all f*ing guilty!", odds are you won't be selected.

Protip...you may want to lay off the profanities...I've heard some judges don't care for that, even if it's coming from a potential juror.

(and yes, KC, I realize you're joking, but you never know with some of the folks around here)

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Just act like a huge bigot and they won't select you.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
just don't shower and be a little hunger over, smell like cigs and know one will want to sit by you. They will kindly ask you to leave

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I had a hard time cause I knew one of the witnesses and didn't want to poison the whole pool. It was a doctor who had told me I had six months to live about a decade before. Such a quack. He was their expert witness. And when I said I knew him and the attorney asked if that affected my view of him, I started squirming because I didn't want to just say yea, he's a quack. They got me out of there pretty quick though. I just kind of looked at the judge and they took me to chambers.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I served on a jury last fall and actually enjoyed it very much. Very cool to see how attorneys work. Trial I was on a guy was being charged with 1st degree theft. He was basically running a ponze scheme and took $180,000 from investors who thought he was investing the money but wasnt. So the second day of the trial starts and he doesn't show up. Turns out he went to Wisconsin where he lived and bought a ticket to India and was trying to flee the country.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
If they actually put you in the box for questions, just keep muttering "Hok troll. You sound like hok troll."

You'll be off jury duty and in their memories forever.

What if one of the lawyers do want someone who can distinguishes between the "hok trolls"?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Good luck Chris!

Kinda off topic here, but does anyone know where Travis Hines is? His last tweet just said he was off the ISU beat for a few days. Hope he's just on vacation or something. Would hate to lose that guy.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Good luck Chris!

Kinda off topic here, but does anyone know where Travis Hines is? His last tweet just said he was off the ISU beat for a few days. Hope he's just on vacation or something. Would hate to lose that guy.

Travis is dealing with a family situation. He will be back. I don't want to say anything more out of respect to him.