Alert: Regarding this week

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Hold the phone, Folks. Don't go giving this guy tips on how to get out of jury duty. Some people consider jury duty a "vacation". Yeah...

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
[video=youtube;N90s-T1GV7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90s-T1GV7M[/video]

your first submission?

I had to get the first time jitters out the way. I would only say Nova Scotia 150 times instead of 250 times in a 3 minute block nowadays

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
Was on jury duty for the whole month this past June, but never got called in. I was kinda disappointed, wanted to see the whole process first-hand.

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Also a good strategy...when the lawyer asks a question, answer "I wouldn't have asked me that question...I almost went to law school, but then I realized it was a waste of my time. Would you guys mind if I gave you pointers during the trial? I'll be objective and help both sides, 'cause I want this thing to be fair, but I think I can really add something to this whole process. Really excited for the opportunity...and no matter what, don't take it personally, I'm just trying to help you guys get better, I'm really a believer in the judicial process, I just wish all you lawyers would really listen to people like me who could really help you out."

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014
"Jury Nullification" will get you out. That is the good news.

The bad news is you'll be followed by G-men and placed on a subversive list. But you never want to fly again, do you?

Seriously, I served while at ISU. Found it quite interesting. After serving two trials you were released from further duty back in the old days. We found a trucker not guilty of speeding in Huxley after Huxley extended its speed zone and failed to move the speed zone ahead sign. Guy came in with pictures of the signs. Said he asked the cop to go back and show him where the speed limit changed but the cop would not go. They changed the speed limit one week earlier. We were so disgusted with the cop I think the trucker could have gotten away with murder.

The second trial was over a dui accident at ISU by Friley. Couldn't believe the lawyers and judge let me in that one, as I crossed that street every day and saw there had been an accident. He pled guilty before the jury was given the case. In between those cases I was dismissed because I knew the defendant. Anyway, done in less than one week. And had a little drinking money courtesy of Story County.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
When they start talking about the case, just get all excited and say "oh ya, I know all about this, I've already read everything about it from the people involved on CycloneFanatic.com!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron