Rep question

leg4cy

Apr 12, 2006
Humboldt, IA
Not spelling RIDICULOUS correctly irks me something fierce. I realize that it sounds like REdiculous, but come on, it's not that hard of a word. Furthermore, one cannot count how many words in the English language are not spelled the way that they sound!

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Yep. Blue is between the lines. A non player.

The spelling police can be very persistent. It must make them feel uneasy or something. We had a big ruckus for Cory and Corey last year.

I remember that thread. Good thing I never posted on that one. Although I have had alot of people coming down on me cause I wrote Brett Meyer once...

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
So basically what you're all saying is the blue lines are people trying to give negative rep when they really have no room to talk themselves...
No, actually it's the opposite. The blue is from people trying to give you POSITIVE rep when they don't have enough rep points themselves to increase your rep total. I've gotten neg rep from someone with a really low point total, and although it showed up as a red button on my User CP page, it didn't change my rep total.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I avoid ridiculous for that very reason. I just use ludicrous or unbelieveable.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
The thing. That really bugs. Me is when. People use too much. Punctuation. I personally pause. In my head when I see a. Period. Sometimes. Makes for a confusing read.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Not spelling RIDICULOUS correctly irks me something fierce. I realize that it sounds like REdiculous, but come on, it's not that hard of a word. Furthermore, one cannot count how many words in the English language are not spelled the way that they sound!

I'm glad I'm not the only one on board with this one...ridiculous, ridiculous, ridiculous, everyone take note!

I don't care if some words are misspelled, but it's easy enough to use Firefox, which spell checks as you type.:wink:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Speaking of big rep, I think we have a horse race going on between Brianhos and 22 to make it to a million. If you want to have some CFfun, help them race to a million for rep. Pick your horse. I project a million rep points for one of them by 28 Nov....

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Speaking of big rep, I think we have a horse race going on between Brianhos and 22 to make it to a million. If you want to have some CFfun, help them race to a million for rep. Pick your horse. I project a million rep points for one of them by 28 Nov....

Can we gamble on this for profit or not.... Cause I would be all for it...

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I seem to remember someone, along time ago, had Chizik spelled Chezik... Hmmm can't remember who that was. Neg rep though to whoever...

I still love how Iowa fans can't pronounce Ferentz correctly yet. Its only been 9 years or so..

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
idk you kind of have to go by post to rep ratio, 22 has over 600,000 points but also over 10K posts, Roger Sprague had one post and over 60,000 rep points, my money is on him if he can find his way back.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
That's probably because you only appeal to the peons who have negative rep and try to beef you up :biglaugh:

It was just my automated script to create new users to neg rep my enemies. But my evil plan was spoiled by those meddling kids!

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
idk you kind of have to go by post to rep ratio, 22 has over 600,000 points but also over 10K posts, Roger Sprague had one post and over 60,000 rep points, my money is on him if he can find his way back.

That is a big IF. I wonder why he didn't stick around..

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I tried to google Roger to see if anything came up from the last couple of days... Sad to say but there isn't..