Report: OU & Texas reach out to join SEC

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Well, that's a lot different than some hack blogger reporting it. Still not sure why OU would do that, but ok.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I don't believe this for one moment, why would either OU or UT want to go a league that makes it harder for them to reach the playoff? For the money, both are in the top 10 in funding each year, with UT generally leading it.

If they want to go, then go enjoy going from leading the conference to now being one team in a conference where your opinion has less weight then those schools that have been their for decades.

I would say this is nothing more than both OU and UT trying to send a message to big 12 that it might be time to do away with our some what equal revenues and they want to be paid more for staying in the league.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
They'd take KU. Considering it's all about TV markets what does ISU add to the Big 10? I'd say it's more likely the Big 10 would try and poach Virginia or UNC if they were looking to expand.

I don't think it is all about TV markets. TV isn't consumed in the way the "all about TV markets" people think it is in the 21st century. That is some paradigm from the 1950s.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Ok, but don't Tech and Okie State have to go with them too? The SEC is gonna add 4 more teams? I'm skeptical. There's likely some other motivation behind this other than wanting to leave

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I don't think it is all about TV markets. TV isn't consumed in the way the "all about TV markets" people think it is in the 21st century. That is some paradigm from the 1950s.
Why did they add Rutgers and Maryland then? What do they bring to the conference other than big TV markets? If it was about better rivalries and balance wouldn't Pitt and Syracuse been better schools?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron