RIP CF Mobile

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Free Adblock Browser updated for me yesterday; embedded tweets no longer load or redirect out, and now most external links (including legit ones) get blocked as popups. I really wish they'd roll back to the previous version...this one is too aggressive, apparently.

However, not being able to read tweets is still better than the vanilla site.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUguy

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Free Adblock Browser updated for me yesterday; embedded tweets no longer load or redirect out, and now most external links (including legit ones) get blocked as popups. I really wish they'd roll back to the previous version...this one is too aggressive, apparently.

However, not being able to read tweets is still better than the vanilla site.
I have had the issue with Tweets loading, didn't even realize it was related to the app updating, but not having an issue with legit links getting blocked.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUguy

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I have had the issue with Tweets loading, didn't even realize it was related to the app updating, but not having an issue with legit links getting blocked.
I just started having both of these issues yesterday, and my phone said it updated yesterday. The tweets load normally in other browsers, so that pretty much limits it down to FAB. I'm trying to recall what links I was having issues with going to, but I can't seem to remember... I think they were links to external places like 247Sports.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I just started having both is these issues yesterday, and my phone said it updated yesterday. The tweets load normally in other browsers, so that pretty much limits it down to FAB. I'm trying to recall what links I was having issues with going to, but I can't seem to remember...
Apparently you can submit issues you're having with the browser, I just submitted one about embedded tweets not loading, maybe they'll fix it.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Remember back in the day when posters used to make fun of Hawkeye Nation for the same issues we're facing now. Don't even want to know how many STDs my phone has contracted from this site, yet here I am risking it.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Remember back in the day when posters used to make fun of Hawkeye Nation for the same issues we're facing now. Don't even want to know how many STDs my phone has contracted from this site, yet here I am risking it.

New thread topic: celebrities you’d still bang even if they had an STD

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I don't like when I'm reading a new page, and I get halfway through and it goes back to the top when finished loading. I also get the audio icon on my phone, no matter which page I'm on, and there is no audio playing.

Same. I always have this issue on mobile so I've pretty much stopped using it unless I'm on the John. If at home I'll just grab my laptop.