RIP CF Mobile

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Guys I need URLs to block.

The video at the bottom right of the forum is something I'm testing out this week. It supposedly pays really well so I had no choice but to look into it. I specifically did not put that code on the mobile to keep problems from occurring. That video (with our front page headlines, tried not to be intrusive) only shows up on desktop.

I just wish I could show you guys how hard it is to fund this damn site with the current digital industry. Trust me. I'm way more sick of seeing these threads on here than you are having the issues. Keeping this **** clean and trying to keep the business up and running has essentially taken over my life.

Maybe don’t be overzealous in staffing would be a start.

And the front page headlines definitely is on mobile. A lot of them in fact. Gotta love capitalism though!

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The Chinese guys who were spamming the site with their "buy fake diplomas" messages are getting their revenge.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
It’s ha

And the front page headlines definitely is on mobile. A lot of them in fact. Gotta love capitalism though!

Wow. Could you do better running a website that is free, while providing the content CF does?

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It’s ha

It's a free site dude.....the guys that make the wheels turn to an amazing job. It can't be easy to keep up with podcast content, writing content, beat coverage, and run a message board. All free for us. So yeah there are things here and there that may annoy us, but overall, this is a pretty sweet thing for ISU fans.

We'd fold. Like 20 K people on the site every day and we have 250 Patrons on Patreon.

Have you guys looked into an annual Patreon drive? Bet you could gain a few each time you do it. I just realized due to credit card fraud, my old credit card linked to patreon for this site was removed and my new one needs to added for the donations to work. Maybe there are others like me or new people that want to pitch in.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Ok, I bumped up the Patreon a little. I also promise I will donate $1 extra dollar a month if @Fitzy writes something that makes me laugh.

Reactions: mj4cy

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
We'd fold. Like 20 K people on the site every day and we have 250 Patrons on Patreon.

Now that I have a big boy job I can donate.

If the day comes, I think others would pay the money to read the site. It’s obviously a risk from your side of things with the numbers you gave. I understand why you would be hesitant about it then.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Ok, I bumped up the Patreon a little. I also promise I will donate $1 extra dollar a month if @Fitzy writes something that makes me laugh.

Looks like you're staying at your current donation for a while...

I could write a nice column about the skills both of you have in mafia and it would have more than enough laughs.

Help Support Us

Become a patron