Selection Show: Is ESPNews online anywhere?

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Wow, the big twelve got the royal shaft. That's ridiculous. Top three teams all in the same region. what a bunch of morons they must be.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Meanwhile, the top Pac 10 and Big Ten teams are spread all over the country...
Simple solution: all three teams just need to play so well that the NCAA intervenes and advances us all to the Final 4.

Seriously, I hope a lot of people lose their jobs over this. This is stupidity at its finest. What hurts more is that it damages the collegiate careers and opportunities for so many young women who would otherwise likely advance farther. Only one team can come out of that regional, and I'm willing to bet that all three teams would have otherwise stood a good chance of making it very deep into the tournament. How is that fair?

**** the NCAA.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
All it would have taken was switching pods: ISU and UCLA (7/8) or ISU and Washington (6/7). Then ISU would have been in the Florida or Minnesota region, leaving the Big 12's #1 and #3 teams in Omaha.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Simple solution: all three teams just need to play so well that the NCAA intervenes and advances us all to the Final 4.

Seriously, I hope a lot of people lose their jobs over this. This is stupidity at its finest. What hurts more is that it damages the collegiate careers and opportunities for so many young women who would otherwise likely advance farther. Only one team can come out of that regional, and I'm willing to bet that all three teams would have otherwise stood a good chance of making it very deep into the tournament. How is that fair?

**** the NCAA.

You should have seen CJL's face, as well as that of her coaches and the players, when they realized what had just happened.
Keep in mind, there was lots of talk that neither a #1 Texas or #2 ISU would be in Nebraska's region - that one would be sent to Gainesville, and the other to Minneapolis.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah... if this was the ncaa basketball bracket, the media would be going nuts about this.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Yeah... if this was the ncaa basketball bracket, the media would be going nuts about this.

If it was basketball, it never would have happened. The hoops committee can't put two teams from the same conference in a position to play before the regional final (unless nine teams from one conference make the tournament).

Furthermore, there's this additional nugget from the basketball guidelines: "Each of the first three teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions."

Last edited:

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Just got back home after being at West Cyde.

Cheer went up to see our name, until we realized what happened.

Friday night, 5pm and 7:30pm (ISU second match)
Sat night 6:30pm

Last edited:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I guess I don't understand why they would put the three best Big 12 teams in the same bracket. At least we know we can beat anyone up to the championship game, doesn't mean we will, but CJL in the NCAA is like BF in the conference tournament, lights out coaching.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron