Seriously Leistikow?

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
giphy.gif

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
So Iowa was picked by the B1G media to finish 2nd in the West and its somehow outlandish that a writer on the Iowa beat almost picked them to win the West?

Its not like he had some rant on Twitter and promised to get a tattoo of Pat Fitzgerald on his chest if Iowa didnt finish at or above a certain point in the standings.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I don’t think his take is crazy at all - the rest of the media picked Iowa second in the division, just like him, and he contemplated giving no Iowa the nod over Wisconsin because that game is in Kinnick.

I do take serious issue with the use of “Kinnick Magic”

It also needs to be noted that being picked 2nd in the West isn’t something to brag about not or be proud of. Complete garbage division.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
So Iowa was picked by the B1G media to finish 2nd in the West and its somehow outlandish that a writer on the Iowa beat almost picked them to win the West?

Its not like he had some rant on Twitter and promised to get a tattoo of Pat Fitzgerald on his chest if Iowa didnt finish at or above a certain point in the standings.
It's not outlandish. Iowa gets Wisky at home (night?) & really the only other very tough game is @ Penn St.

Unless Iowa slips up somewhere (really the only other tough conference games should be Purdue/NW) it's feasible.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Of course you would defend Leistikow

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Your fascination with YeahBuddy is fascinating. Leistikow is not a good writer, but hes not crazy with his prediction.

The Kinnick Magic is what was most funny to me. Also if you are even remotely thinking about taking anyone but Wisconsin in the West you're an idiot and a moron

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
The Kinnick Magic is what was most funny to me. Also if you are even remotely thinking about taking anyone but Wisconsin in the West you're an idiot and a moron

Oh, for sure, the Kinnick magic part was hilarious. And agreed, Wiscy is 1 for sure, but he didn't actually put Iowa at 1.