Shakur Juiston on njcaatv.com tonight

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I was just going to say I thought we were in on Rodriguez at some point. Maybe Im thinking of someone else.
You're correct. This is my first time watching him, but his accolades seem well deserved.

I really like Thornton too. Hopefully we don't miss on all three, as they all could help next year imo. Juiston, though, is a difference maker with his creating and rebounding.

It's just one game but I really hope we hit on the grad transfer market for our guard needs.

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I'm going to be extremely disappointed if we don't land Juiston because for some reason I've just had this feeling of assuming he's ours. I guess it just seems like too perfect a fit to not happen.

Slow down....everyone is getting us all excited about this guy. If he's that good, do we really expect to keep him away from KU? Regardless if we can offer more playing time. Just kidding, but I guess I refused to watch online and tease myself on someone we don't have.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Slow down....everyone is getting us all excited about this guy. If he's that good, do we really expect to keep him away from KU? Regardless if we can offer more playing time. Just kidding, but I guess I refused to watch online and tease myself on someone we don't have.
Absolutely. We're already beating them without taking their recruits.

Gil

Mar 21, 2016
Shakur finished with 18 points, 15 rebounds. Hutchinson moving on to the championship after winning 88-79.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
For those that have seen him play whose game does he remind you of? I've seen a couple of highlights here and there. From everything I've heard I agree he'd be an absolute game changer of a recruit.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
People make way too much out of Juco rebounding numbers.

Points, 3pt %, blocks, steals, FT's are stats to care about.

• Agree
Reactions: Bardman

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Going to be starter at isu vs a rotation player at ku.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
People make way too much out of Juco rebounding numbers.

Points, 3pt %, blocks, steals, FT's are stats to care about.
Not true imo, or you're misinterpreting these "people". Imo no one is anticipating those exact numbers in the Big 12. But when you watch the games you can guage plus rebounder potential or if it's a strength/weakness. Go back to Hogue/McKay/Gilstrap and so on. And no offense, but do you recall your early takes on Young?

Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
For those that have seen him play whose game does he remind you of? I've seen a couple of highlights here and there. From everything I've heard I agree he'd be an absolute game changer of a recruit.
Great question. I'm not sure we've had a guy of his build, motor, and handle.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Not true imo, or you're misinterpreting these "people". Imo no one is anticipating those exact numbers in the Big 12. But when you watch the games you can guage plus rebounder potential or if it's a strength/weakness. Go back to Hogue/McKay/Gilstrap and so on. And no offense, but do you recall your early takes on Young?

MY only early take on Young was that Prohm wouldn't give him Big 12 minutes. Which was correct until the absolute breaking point at which time I was the first person in the country calling for Prohm to immediately insert Young as the starter and play him as much as possible.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I've seen two of his games, but don't really know who I'd compare his game to. He looks like a weird big because while almost all his points are 10 feet and in he does a lot of facing the basket and charging in rather than receiving entry passes. He's got finesse and brute ability. He's also a good passer and great ball handler for a 4.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
MY only early take on Young was that Prohm wouldn't give him Big 12 minutes. Which was correct until the absolute breaking point at which time I was the first person in the country calling for Prohm to immediately insert Young as the starter and play him as much as possible.
Hey, everyone misses sometimes!

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Kids looks legit from the few games ive watched. I know isu was looking at him early ob then ku moved in. I havent looked at the recruiting sites lately. What other schools are we up against for this guy? Have he given any indication where he is leaning?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Kids looks legit from the few games ive watched. I know isu was looking at him early ob then ku moved in. I havent looked at the recruiting sites lately. What other schools are we up against for this guy? Have he given any indication where he is leaning?

Illinois was another one that was serious so I'm not sure here he stands with them now that Underwood is there.

He hasn't really trimmed his list, and has been pretty tight lipped.

The only thing that does give me confidence is how much effort we're putting in.

I'm not sure anyone else has seen him as much as we have.