Should Iowa Move On from Mad Fran?

SHOULD Iowa fire Fran at the end of this season?

• Yes, he's scuttled the program

Votes: 59 24.4%
  • No, he's earned another shot

Votes: 166 68.6%
  • See results

Votes: 17 7.0%

• Total voters

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Interestingly, Hassel was saying on 2GNC that people he knows close to the program are actually excited about the future. Hassel is far from a Fran stan, so he obviously felt it was worth bringing up.

Do think Freeman could develop into a good player. Harding maybe, but beyond that they need to hit the portal.

Also if I'm hok fan, I want a new S&C staff that can put some muscle on these guys. Woof.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Interestingly, Hassel was saying on 2GNC that people he knows close to the program are actually excited about the future. Hassel is far from a Fran stan, so he obviously felt it was worth bringing up.

Do think Freeman could develop into a good player. Harding maybe, but beyond that they need to hit the portal.

Also if I'm hok fan, I want a new S&C staff that can put some muscle on these guys. Woof.
We need odds on which Iowa players goes into the portal after this year and then fran pulls them them back. It's like a tradition there.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Harding is an under 6 ft, 160 lb guard that can't shoot. If they're excited about that they're in real bad shape.
Yesterday on KXNO's Miller and Condon they had some Hawk guy on to discuss the team. He said it is too early to give up on Harding and Dix. They are still too young and they need another year. Ok, I can understand that thinking but in this era, especially for Dix, if you haven't produced by now it is time to move on.

• Agree
Reactions: Jdk

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Either youre still drunk from last night or you toked a little too much on that bong.
You don't think Freeman is going to be good? He has been freshman of the week 8 times. Harding, both Sanfort's and a couple transfers they could be a nice team with some depth.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You don't think Freeman is going to be good? He has been freshman of the week 8 times. Harding, both Sanfort's and a couple transfers they could be a nice team with some depth.
Freeman could be, hes decent. Fran has not shown any developmental skills though. Harding, sandfort and dix would be decent players for UNI. Would look really good playing at Upper Iowa.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Little chance Jack McCaff stays in IC.

His other kids had absurdly high recruiting ratings at various points too.

I'll be pretty surprised if he's a high major star player. Patrick is regressing so maybe better off to go elsewhere.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I can maybe see giving Dix another year. He lost an entire summer/fall to that nasty leg break and should have redshirted last year. Throwing him into games the minute he was cleared hurt his development.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I can maybe see giving Dix another year. He lost an entire summer/fall to that nasty leg break and should have redshirted last year. Throwing him into games the minute he was cleared hurt his development.
With Fran there is no development anyhow so did it really matter?