Votes: 43 45.3%
  • Soft fans

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Both

Votes: 43 45.3%

• Total voters

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
What a stupid question. Yeah, its the fans fault Mcdermott has had 4 years of boring and soft teams. Yeah, its the fans fault Pollard gave Mcdermott a ridiculously asinine 3 year extension for doing nothing that gave him a 9-year contract before he coached at this level.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
I think it's a legitimate question...

Why does our fan base give up before Big 12 play? I call that soft. Everyone is so apathetic about our program it's ridiculous.

One week people are complaining because Mac is too hard on players, the next week they want him making them run sprints??? What do you want? I wanna win, and if we don't do it in Big 12 play you'll see me joining the Mob. But until then it's just a bunch of people whining and complaining before we even have gotten into the heart of our season. No wonder our team seems to be falling apart at the seams, our fan base is.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Why does our fan base give up before Big 12 play? I call that soft. Everyone is so apathetic about our program it's ridiculous.

One week people are complaining because Mac is too hard on players, the next week they want him making them run sprints??? What do you want? I wanna win, and if we don't do it in Big 12 play you'll see me joining the Mob. But until then it's just a bunch of people whining and complaining before we even have gotten into the heart of our season. No wonder our team seems to be falling apart at the seams, our fan base is.

No coach can win over a bilpolar fanbase, because "our" expectations change from second-to-second. As you said, if he runs them ragged, we'll say he wore them out for the game. If he talks with them, he's too soft, and we can't compete.

Some people just like to whine and complain. That's just who they are.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

This exactly. We're 10-4. We haven't played even one in-conference game yet. I'm not giving up on this team until they've been through the conference season.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Anyone who blames the fans has never been to a game at Colorado, Nebraska, or about 100 other schools when they had teams that were as good or even better than we do this year.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Anyone who blames the fans has never been to a game at Colorado, Nebraska, or about 100 other schools when they had teams that were as good or even better than we do this year.

What people fail to understand what is being said about the fans, is the way people are acting before the season has even reached the heart of it. I think our fans are the greatest. But the way some people are so apathetic about the team with a lot of the season left to play astounds me. It's like they've already given up...that is SOFT. I have never blamed the fans for our teams performance, but being apathetic and always negative isn't gonna help things.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Cyclone fans are some of the most faithful fans in the country. We are currently going through the worst four year stretch in ISU basketball in about 25 years. I think it is ok for some fans to question the coach who is leading us during this horrific time in Cyclone hoops!

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Cyclone fans are some of the most faithful fans in the country. We are currently going through the worst four year stretch in ISU basketball in about 25 years. I think it is ok for some fans to question the coach who is leading us during this horrific time in Cyclone hoops!

16-33 in football the last 4 years. Worst 4 year stretch since 1996-1999.

54-51 in basketball the last 4 years. Worst 4 year stretch in 25 years.

I think it is ok for some fans to question the AD who is leading us during this regression.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
16-33 in football the last 4 years. Worst 4 year stretch since 1996-1999.

54-51 in basketball the last 4 years. Worst 4 year stretch in 25 years.

I think it is ok for some fans to question the AD who is leading us during this regression.

You waited all day before beating that old drum. Way to develop your patience. I'm borderline impressed. I didn't think you had it in you.

Reactions: CTAClone