MLB: St. Louis Cardinals 2016 thread

go1970cy

Jun 2, 2015
graphics-sweeping-956028.gif
tumblr_n5jts9tmFA1sq9xy6o3_250.gif

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Cards got flat out embarrassed in that series. Hard to imagine that series going much worse for them. The bullpen was the lone bright spot, but they're not much help if we can't score runs.

I like the article I read that said "The Atlanta Braves are coming on the schedule at just the right time. The Braves probably feel the same way about St. Louis."

go1970cy

Jun 2, 2015
Cards got flat out embarrassed in that series. Hard to imagine that series going much worse for them. The bullpen was the lone bright spot, but they're not much help if we can't score runs.

I like the article I read that said "The Atlanta Braves are coming on the schedule at just the right time. The Braves probably feel the same way about St. Louis."
tumblr_n5jts9tmFA1sq9xy6o3_250.gif

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
The Cards are a lot younger than people realize, and I think that's a factor with the slow offensive start.

The median age of their 25-man roster is younger than both the Cubs and Pirates. It's just that people associate Waino, Yadi, and Holliday with the Cards whereas the Cubs are closely linked with Rizzo and Bryant. If Piscotty and Grichuk start hitting like they did last year, this team will be perfectly fine. Having today off is a blessing.

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
Not worried. Enjoying the harassment from my Cubs friends. This is like the dog that caught the car all over again like last year's NLDS. We all know what happened after that (see storm's broom GIF a few posts back).

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Not worried. Enjoying the harassment from my Cubs friends. This is like the dog that caught the car all over again like last year's NLDS. We all know what happened after that (see storm's broom GIF a few posts back).

Sure if that's how you want to look at it. Fortunately for Cubs fans, there should be some opportunities to make up for that letdown in the coming years. This team should be good for at least a little while.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
First win of the season and we had three pinch hit homers. Not a bad night.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Middle infield needs to get it together. Nice to get 3 wins heading into the home stand and see them keep plugging away in the 9th when they were down a run. Tough outing for Waino but it'll click again. Really liking what Hazelbaker and Piscotty are doing on both ends.

Feel awful for the Braves pitcher who got hurt and hope for the best but it didn't look good at all. Odd that it happened right when the TV crew was talking about his comeback from Tommy John surgery.

Last edited:

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Gotta love the hustle and aggression on the basepaths today. I get it that the Brewers are a bit of a comedy show on defense (sorry stormchaser), but it's good to see the Cardinals taking advantage. Would be nice to be on a hot streak when the Cubs come into town next week.

go1970cy

Jun 2, 2015
The meltdown when the cubs swoon this year will be epic. I cannot wait. My little goat figurine sits waiting in my closet. Bastards get all they deserve.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
The meltdown when the cubs swoon this year will be epic. I cannot wait. My little goat figurine sits waiting in my closet. Bastards get all they deserve.

EDIT: nevermind. pretty sure I completely misread your post. Carry on.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

Not surprised a cardinal fan would keep a goat in his closet.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Three straight games with at least 10 runs. HazelBAEker and Diaz are raking right now.