Stansbury Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
For what's likely to be my last post here (at least for awhile), I wanted to do a couple things to clear some things up for everyone who has questions.

1. I would be remiss if I didn't thank each and every one of you for your support of the site over all of these years. I'm eternally grateful to everyone who clicked a link, listened to a podcast, attended one of the events or anything else. Your support of Cyclone Fanatic is why I did the job.

2. There was nothing nefarious about my decision to leave. I was not forced out by anyone. It was my personal decision that I made. CW and everyone at CF was supportive of me once I made that decision even if they didn't want me to leave. It was a very difficult decision that I grappled with for a very long time. I didn't wake up one day and say, "You know, I think I'm going to quit my job today."

3. Leaving Jeff and our new podcast was one of the things that made this hardest of all. Jeff has become like a big brother to me, and I wouldn't have done any of this if he didn't understand where I was coming from. He and I are on the same page and he supported me in any decision that I made. I'm going to miss FARTing every week with that man in the fall.

4. I'll admit that I have not lined up a new job at this point, so we can stop the speculation on that front. I'm sure there are people who will ask why that is, and the answer is I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I'm likely to have more opportunities in media, but I very well might explore the other avenues of myself that I've yet to explore since I've been working for the same place since I was 19.

5. My girlfriend is not a lawyer and I have no idea where that came from. She is a wonderful woman though and I'm very lucky to have her in my life. I think she'd follow me to the end of the Earth.

6. I want to reiterate how much fun and how much joy this job has brought me over the last 10 years. I've had the opportunity to cover two Sweet 16s, five bowl games and four Big 12 Tournament titles in my years with this company. The memories I gained from those experiences will last me a lifetime. I got to live my dream each and every day because of the opportunities this company gave me.

In conclusion, thank you to all of you for supporting this site and myself for the last 10 years. Please continue to do so in the years to come. Chris, Connor, Jacqueline and the rest of the team are going to continue doing amazing work for all of you. I know that much for a fact. It has been an absolute pleasure to be part of this community, and if you see me out and about, please come tell me you're a Fanatic so I can shake your hand and thank you personally.

Stanz out.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
For what's likely to be my last post here (at least for awhile), I wanted to do a couple things to clear some things up for everyone who has questions.

1. I would be remiss if I didn't thank each and every one of you for your support of the site over all of these years. I'm eternally grateful to everyone who clicked a link, listened to a podcast, attended one of the events or anything else. Your support of Cyclone Fanatic is why I did the job.

2. There was nothing nefarious about my decision to leave. I was not forced out by anyone. It was my personal decision that I made. CW and everyone at CF was supportive of me once I made that decision even if they didn't want me to leave. It was a very difficult decision that I grappled with for a very long time. I didn't wake up one day and say, "You know, I think I'm going to quit my job today."

3. Leaving Jeff and our new podcast was one of the things that made this hardest of all. Jeff has become like a big brother to me, and I wouldn't have done any of this if he didn't understand where I was coming from. He and I are on the same page and he supported me in any decision that I made. I'm going to miss FARTing every week with that man in the fall.

4. I'll admit that I have not lined up a new job at this point, so we can stop the speculation on that front. I'm sure there are people who will ask why that is, and the answer is I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I'm likely to have more opportunities in media, but I very well might explore the other avenues of myself that I've yet to explore since I've been working for the same place since I was 19.

5. My girlfriend is not a lawyer and I have no idea where that came from. She is a wonderful woman though and I'm very lucky to have her in my life. I think she'd follow me to the end of the Earth.

6. I want to reiterate how much fun and how much joy this job has brought me over the last 10 years. I've had the opportunity to cover two Sweet 16s, five bowl games and four Big 12 Tournament titles in my years with this company. The memories I gained from those experiences will last me a lifetime. I got to live my dream each and every day because of the opportunities this company gave me.

In conclusion, thank you to all of you for supporting this site and myself for the last 10 years. Please continue to do so in the years to come. Chris, Connor, Jacqueline and the rest of the team are going to continue doing amazing work for all of you. I know that much for a fact. It has been an absolute pleasure to be part of this community, and if you see me out and about, please come tell me you're a Fanatic so I can shake your hand and thank you personally.

Stanz out.
jeternephew.gif

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009

Stanz out.
I wonder how many people thought Steph Copley was Jared's girlfriend lmfao.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Stanz out.
Life is change. Growth is optional. Congrats on some growth opportunities!!

• Love
Reactions: JStanz51

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny

Stanz out.
Thanks for all you did here. Always an approachable dude when I ran into you at bowl games, etc. I'll miss your content here. Most of us can't imagine leaving a job before having something. Me and others are just jealous of you being in that position. Good on you, can't wait to see your next venture.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Thanks for all you did here. Always an approachable dude when I ran into you at bowl games, etc. I'll miss your content here. Most of us can't imagine leaving a job before having something. Me and others are just jealous of you being in that position. Good on you, can't wait to see your next venture.
While it would be cool to have your job be about Iowa State athletics I could see how someone would be ready for something new. I'm sure Jared's job is a grind.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You…read the thread right? Not “many” people, but it never is.

Of course there were some. But most of the thread was supportive and also surprised. That seems reasonable.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Of course there were some. But most of the thread was supportive and also surprised. That seems reasonable.

It was. It isn’t limited to just this thread though; anytime someone leaves there’s always people that assume the worst, not that they can move on of their own accord. It happened with Chris leaving kxno too. Just a general observation.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It was. It isn’t limited to just this thread though; anytime someone leaves there’s always people that assume the worst, not that they can move on of their own accord. It happened with Chris leaving kxno too. Just a general observation.

For sure. But that’s part of the deal with a public job. There are upsides to everyone knowing your job. And there are downsides. Speculation is a downside. The speculation, in this case, doesn’t appear to be particularly crazy.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I totally get where you're coming from Jared. I worked for Hy-Vee through high school, college, and tried to turn it into a career after college. At one point, I was passionate about it, but over time burn out became very real and one day I realized I just wasn't passionate about it anymore. I needed a change and to explore other fields of interest, so 100% understand where you're coming from. Best of luck to you.

I am going to be on pins and needles eagerly awaiting how Chris and CF go about replacing Jared. As I said earlier, massive void to fill.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny

Stanz out.

Not that you advice from a middle aged man, but I would say swing big and don't sell yourself short for your next step. Your responsibilities and accomplishments w/ CF were impressive and unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.