Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Non-Student: Yes

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • Non-Student: No

Votes: 42 22.3%

• Total voters

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
CA first year was the 2004-2005 season right? How did it take 5 years to get that idea going?
Of course I was a junior in a freshman english class! :) The gal and group that created this were frosh, ideas like this don't just flip a switch remember how pissed everyone was when they started moving seats/donors around? I am trying to find my class schedule in my college box to see the proposal which I kept b/c it was very cool. Once I find it I will share.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
you would be surprised how much of a hassle it is to wear the same shirt to go to every game. I for one worked with upper classman and they complained a lot about the t-shirt thing, but i didn't think anything of it till i started going to the games. it is a real hassle. You wear it for a wednesday game then a saturday game then a tuedsay game, it gets old reallly fast..

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Either every student who bought season tickets is automatically in CA or get rid of it completely. I like the idea of the CA shirts, but disagree that you must wear it in order to sit in the lower seats.

Aldude505

Jan 19, 2008
Iowa Falls
Being a current member of CA I would have to say I really like the way CA is set up. I like that all students are in one section. It adds to the atmosphere in CA. I do understand that some ppl take offense to some of the cheers. But the ppl who do go to the game go to sit with their friends and to have ppl around them that cheer the same way. Its not that everyone does it, its just that ppl can cheer if they want.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Being a current member of CA I would have to say I really like the way CA is set up. I like that all students are in one section.

or two... not surprised that people in cyclone alley don't even recognize that there are two student sections. ill bet every person in student section "b" is fully aware that there are two student sections..

alleycrew53

Oct 31, 2007
Just curious where everyone has this mentality that CAC is saving three rows every game...there are six of us to a side, and we always sit in the same seats. If you are referring to Tuesday's game with the second row saved, those were for the WBB who were the guests in the alley, just not that many were able to make it, and we saved extra seats in the front for Nicky and T being as they just had surgery. Those seats were then pulled when they arrived and were quickly filled in by other students.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Just curious where everyone has this mentality that CAC is saving three rows every game...there are six of us to a side, and we always sit in the same seats. If you are referring to Tuesday's game with the second row saved, those were for the WBB who were the guests in the alley, just not that many were able to make it, and we saved extra seats in the front for Nicky and T being as they just had surgery. Those seats were then pulled when they arrived and were quickly filled in by other students.

Maybe it's from the times when I've sat in open seats in the front rows only to have CAC members say "These are for CAC members only. If you want to sit here, join the committee. Until then, you need to move back a few rows."

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

I'm pretty sure most of those comments refer more to last year, and while not all of the front row seats were saved there did seem to be a lot more seats saved last year - either through signs or coats

alleycrew53

Oct 31, 2007
ISUBoi, i'm just clarifying a question that was posed earlier in the thread and making sure my committee is doing what they are supposed to be doing, and not saving seven rows for friends and such.

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
ISUBoi, i'm just clarifying a question that was posed earlier in the thread and making sure my committee is doing what they are supposed to be doing, and not saving seven rows for friends and such.

My problem was that we literally would be at games (for KU and other big games) 4-5 hours ahead of time, waiting at the west lower entrance to get to the front row first. When CA was started it was hard to get excited to show up early and not have a chance to get the front row. This was the 1st 2 years of CA I'm talking about.

It just sucked to go from sitting in the front row nearly every home game to not even having that option because CA committee members had all those seats reserved. It was a joke IMO.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
It used to be cool to say "hey look at those kids in the front row I wonder how long they waited to get those seats?" Just not the case anymore... like every good sporting event now it is..."great seats who's *** did you kiss to get them?"

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
If part of these complaints are from years past, then why use that as a reason to get rid of it? If it's not that way anymore, then there's no point if bringing it up, besides to complain that it was that way. And having the people you know get you better stuff than normal is nothing new, both to sports and everything else.

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
CAC does reserve seats in the front row and the ones I stand next to don't seem to be into the game much, so why should they get the front row?

One reason I think CA should go is because I always hear "I don't want to be in Cyclone Alley" but at football games people want t be in the student section. I have not yet met anyone that "wants" to be in Cyclone Alley. Some put up with it while others build resumes, but no one I know wants to be in it or would be mad if it was gone. IF more people are happy it is gone and the rest don't care then I say get rid of it if it is better for everyone.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
CAC does reserve seats in the front row and the ones I stand next to don't seem to be into the game much, so why should they get the front row?
One reason I think CA should go is because I always hear "I don't want to be in Cyclone Alley" but at football games people want t be in the student section. I have not yet met anyone that "wants" to be in Cyclone Alley. Some put up with it while others build resumes, but no one I know wants to be in it or would be mad if it was gone. IF more people are happy it is gone and the rest don't care then I say get rid of it if it is better for everyone.

Exactly.. I want to see the front rows filled with people like you, flag guy and super fan. Diehards not some kid to is trying to build his resume.

And to those that think president of CA or CA committee will make that final push to land you the job...your wrong I laugh a those things on resumes and move on. If you're hanging your hat on CAC you havent done enough!

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

If part of these complaints are from years past, then why use that as a reason to get rid of it? If it's not that way anymore, then there's no point if bringing it up, besides to complain that it was that way. And having the people you know get you better stuff than normal is nothing new, both to sports and everything else.

The reason it still irritates me is because from hearing it so much, and so often last year, I don't even make an attempt to sit there anymore. Sure, I'd like to, but jerks made me question if buying season tickets this year was even going to be worth the hassle. I decided to buy the tickets, but sit either in the balcony or the actual seats (not folding chairs) so I wouldn't have to be around anyone associated with CAC.

The point is, if something happens with CA that makes students question buying tickets or using them, something is broken and needs to be fixed, or it needs to go. I think the quickest fix would be to disband it for a year, or at the very least, only give CA one side again.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Just curious where everyone has this mentality that CAC is saving three rows every game...

I once caught a fish Thiiis big. Really, it was Thiiiiiiis big! :rolleyes:

Between special guests that were frequently invited, as well as CAC seats and people putting coats out for friends, it was hard to get in the first row or two last year. It is better this year, but as we saw in a thread a while back (that if I'm not mistaken, was the reason you joined CF), CAC from last year left a bad taste in peoples mouths, and that is what is being seen here

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron