NBA: Summer 2018 Off Season Thread

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
At least the T'Wolves will still have Wiggins locked down on a max deal though. What team wouldn't want to build around a guy who is a terribly inefficient scorer but also horrible on defense.

• Agree
Reactions: Raiders70

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What I think he may be doing is looking for a team that is set up well can compete after the Warriors reign is over. I don't know the details of these teams, but I think the Nets are well run now, and so are the Clippers. Not sure about the Knicks.

I'm disappointed the Nuggets weren't one of the three. DT was recruiting him.

He’s an old 29. A team setup well to compete post-Warriors reign likely doesn’t include a maxed out 31+ year old Butler imo.

He’s worked hard, but he’s going the Carmelo route. Prioritizing off-court life in the big city with big money. That’s what a lot, if not most, players want . We’ll see if he gets it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rholtgraves

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
He’s an old 29. A team setup well to compete post-Warriors reign likely doesn’t include a maxed out 31+ year old Butler imo.

He’s worked hard, but he’s going to Carmelo route. Prioritizing off-court life in the big city with big money. That’s what a lot, if not most, players want . We’ll see if he gets it.

Is there a reason he's an old 29 other than that he's played a lot for Thibs? I'm not saying that's a bad reason, just wondering if there's any other reason to think he'll age poorly.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Is there a reason he's an old 29 other than that he's played a lot for Thibs? I'm not saying that's a bad reason, just wondering if there's any other reason to think he'll age poorly.
Mostly that. Think he had an all.tear too

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Thibs, minutes, style of play.
Obviously speculation on my part. I see him as more of a missing piece, throw money at him for what he brings now type.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'm probably late to the party, but the twitter rumor is that Butler called KAT and Wiggins pussies, and Butler ****** KAT's girlfriend and is now requesting a trade.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I really haven’t watched Jimmy play much, and when I do I focus on Towns. Is he mostly an on-ball player or is he good off the ball as well? Is he any good as an iso scorer?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Of the scenarios I have heard for the Timberwolves and Jimmy Butler, the Milwaukee Bucks-Khris Middleton rumor is by far the most intriguing to me. If that is legitimate, pull the band aide off and get it done.

Reactions: rholtgraves

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Of the scenarios I have heard for the Timberwolves and Jimmy Butler, the Milwaukee Bucks-Khris Middleton rumor is by far the most intriguing to me. If that is legitimate, pull the band aide off and get it done.

The most fun proposal I've heard so far is Butler to Toronto for Lowry and anyone else on the roster besides Kawhi and Anunoby. Kawhi and Butler would be a hell of a one year rental, and if not then blow it up and move both of them before the deadline for assets.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The most fun proposal I've heard so far is Butler to Toronto for Lowry and anyone else on the roster besides Kawhi and Anunoby. Kawhi and Butler would be a hell of a one year rental, and if not then blow it up and move both of them before the deadline for assets.
I was looking at the Raptors, trying to figure out a way to get Kyle over to the North. Probably as far fetched as it gets, cause I think the Raptors like the squad they have, but I also thought that when they had Demar, so, who knows! haha

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I was looking at the Raptors, trying to figure out a way to get Kyle over to the North. Probably as far fetched as it gets, cause I think the Raptors like the squad they have, but I also thought that when they had Demar, so, who knows! haha

Yeah, I don't think the salaries would allow a one for one so you'd probably have a salary dump somewhere in there. Maybe the Wolves unload Dieng's albatross deal? That might actually be a decent outcome for Minnesota considering the circumstances. Dump a bad contract and pick up an All Star PG. That's about the best they can do if the door is totally closed on Butler coming back.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Unless something changes (like an insane one sided deal) I can 90% surely state that Toronto isn’t interested in Butler from the front office down to the coaches down to at least 50% of the roster that my contact talks to regularly.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Unless something changes (like an insane one sided deal) I can 90% surely state that Toronto isn’t interested in Butler from the front office down to the coaches down to at least 50% of the roster that my contact talks to regularly.
You have a contact that speaks with the entire Raptors organization?

Help Support Us

Become a patron