Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The Twolves need to fire Thibs.
tenor.gif

Reactions: rholtgraves

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I bet that two of the three teams that he is willing to be traded to include the Lakers and the Celtics.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Kawhi only wanted the LA teams and he ended up in Toronto... Jimmy can ask to be traded to one of those three teams but why would Minnesota listen to his request? Take the best deal available, regardless of the destination.

Honestly they should find a team that will take Butler and Wiggins. Wiggins and his contract are both hot garbage.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
LOL WHAT. Three trash teams.

What I think he may be doing is looking for a team that is set up well can compete after the Warriors reign is over. I don't know the details of these teams, but I think the Nets are well run now, and so are the Clippers. Not sure about the Knicks.

I'm disappointed the Nuggets weren't one of the three. DT was recruiting him.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
What I think he may be doing is looking for a team that is set up well can compete after the Warriors reign is over. I don't know the details of these teams, but I think the Nets are well run now, and so are the Clippers. Not sure about the Knicks.

I'm disappointed the Nuggets weren't one of the three. DT was recruiting him.
You cannot list teams setting up for post-Warriors and not name the Lakers.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
You cannot list teams setting up for post-Warriors and not name the Lakers.

Well, I don't think that was his only criteria. With one of these teams he will probably have a little more say in who he plays with. And the rumor is he'd like to play with Kyrie.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I am guessing he also wants to maximize his stats next year to try and qualify for a supermax deal with whatever team he gets traded to. All those teams have tons of cap space.

Reactions: Doc

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Well, I don't think that was his only criteria. With one of these teams he will probably have a little more say in who he plays with. And the rumor is he'd like to play with Kyrie.
If he's smart he goes to the East then teams up with Kyrie in NYK with Porzingas and Kevin Knox.

Reactions: Doc

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I am guessing he wants to be the only star on a team?

Buyer beware. I like Jimmy Butler; he works his ass off and he's maxed out his ability. But any team that decides to make a deal for him is giving up valuable assets for a guy who is probably just good enough as a franchise centerpiece to get them to the second round of the playoffs, and no further. Plus he's 29 with a ton of wear and tear, so by the end of any long term extension he signs he'll be making max player money as a near 35 year old player, and I don't have faith that his game is going to age well. If I ran the Nets, Knicks or Clips I'd stand pat and wait for my shot at him in free agency...maybe. Even then I'm not sure that's the route I'd go.

Last edited:
Reactions: rholtgraves