Surly in 3, 2, 1……

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Tang has done an amazing job in his short time there. It will be interesting to see if they can hold on to him; guessing yes if he held out this long for a head coaching gig.
Nowell and KJ won't be back will they? If not it will be interesting to see Tang's success next year. Go Cats! Carry the torch for the XII.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Nowell and KJ won't be back will they? If not it will be interesting to see Tang's success next year. Go Cats! Carry the torch for the XII.
I'm pretty sure they're both gone. Like us, they have a good recruiting class coming in. We'll see how they do in the portal this year.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Izzo's comments were a reflection of losing an instant classic. His team shot 52% from three and made seven more free throws than K-State. That kept them in the game. Both teams played with great skill and heart.

Look forward to seeing who else makes the E8. Some great matchups tonight that I can sit back and enjoy without having to take a post game shower. Good grief, that was fun but taxing.

9306528.gif

Reactions: Proton

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Izzo's comments were a reflection of losing an instant classic. His team shot 52% from three and made seven more free throws than K-State. That kept them in the game. Both teams played with great skill and heart.

Look forward to seeing who else makes the E8. Some great matchups tonight that I can sit back and enjoy without having to take a post game shower. Good grief, that was fun but taxing.

9306528.gif
Come on Surly you are too creative to keep using the exact same gif over and over lol

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: VeloClone and surly

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
K-State is definitely peaking at the right time. I actually found myself cheering for them last night with how freaking amazingly Nowell was playing. That potential Final Four matchup with Bama would be a great game.

As for Izzo, pretty distasteful comments made for a veteran coach. Be better.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Surly, where is the KState pre-game party in Manhattan tomorrow? I’m in NYC for work. I heard they were wild in Manhattan last night. I plan on going to the game tomorrow.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Surly, where is the KState pre-game party in Manhattan tomorrow? I’m in NYC for work. I heard they were wild in Manhattan last night. I plan on going to the game tomorrow.
Since I'm not in that Manhattan, I really don't know. But surely you'll see some purple on the streets and can ask.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Since I'm not in that Manhattan, I really don't know. But surely you'll see some purple on the streets and can ask.
Hmm. I would think you take a break from cyfan to occasionally check the emaw site or whatever it is….:cool: Now you’re making me find the KState site and figure out where the party is. I’m sure there’s a thread. You are better than this.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
So jealous of Tang and what he did in just one year. Here I was thinking TJ was a genius for turning 2-22 into Sweet 16 in a year. Tang saw that and said hold my beer. Granted, TJ didn't have the luxury of an All Big 12 5th year point guard returning to the roster. I used to hate Nowell with a passion, even last year when K state sucked he bothered me. I have found myself rooting for the guy and K State by association in this tournament though. Good luck tomorrow, cat fans lurking, Surly etc.

• Love
Reactions: surly

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Gonna make it to the championship game without playing higher than a 5 seed.
True, and it hasn't hurt so far. At all.
FAU will not be a cake walk and if they get SDSU or Creighton that’s no easy ask either. There’s a reason these teams make it this far the majority of the time.
Yes. And should they make it to the Final (2), they will have earned it, and noone can take it away. The KY and Michigan State games were strong wins against blueblood programs.

The teams that have made it this far are playing the best ball. I haven't seen FAU play yet. Creighton and SDSU are both formidable right now.

Reactions: surly

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
The Sweet 16 is the cream that has risen to the top & consists of the teams that are playing & getting coached at their peak. Prior seedings & media season rankings mean nothing. K St, Creighton, Texas etc all have a shot. Maybe the tournament success is predicated upon good guard play? K St would be another animal if they still had Nigel Pack but you never know how that affects chemistry. Massoud (sp) has been key for them.