Survivor 46

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Staying home with a sick kid today so just finished watching the first episode and have time to start this season's thread while first thoughts are still fresh.

First vote was the most logical one. I was not a fan of quitting the sweat challenge and him throwing the sand timer when he did it. Thought ran through my mind was why didn't they try to plug the holes in the buckets with something? I don't recall anything in the instructions that said you couldn't so why not use some nearby debris with some mud and try to plug the holes or even maybe tear some cloth from your clothing and try to plug up the holes? Even my 9 year old daughter was saying why not hold the bucket up against your body and use your hands to plug some of the other holes and that should stop most of them. Just felt like there was some ways to solve the problem with the holes in the bucket using some creativity. I didn't even think about the angle of him giving up his vote as coming back to bite him when it was happening. I get why he was worried about the perception that he was a liar and deceptive but its literally the start of the season and everyone is going to have that problem to face at some point so was it really going to matter until they do a tribe shake up or merge? He didn't want to own up to his mistakes so I wouldn't want to work with him going forward either when he gives up when things are tough.

Most seasons Jess would have been the obvious first vote but I don't think they could look past Jalensky's quitting and not owning up to his mistakes even if she is the weaker and the sleep deprivation could be an issue she is still any easy vote next time. Unless she all the sudden does a 180 and becomes a stronger player she probably won't last long especially if her current tribe loses again.

Too early to get a read on the players, Jalensky was the 1 guy I immediately got annoyed with so glad he went first. Everyone else so far hasn't done anything yet for me to dislike them or make me think they are a favorite to win so that's a good thing and hopefully and omen for a good season to come.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Staying home with a sick kid today so just finished watching the first episode and have time to start this season's thread while first thoughts are still fresh.

First vote was the most logical one. I was not a fan of quitting the sweat challenge and him throwing the sand timer when he did it. Thought ran through my mind was why didn't they try to plug the holes in the buckets with something? I don't recall anything in the instructions that said you couldn't so why not use some nearby debris with some mud and try to plug the holes or even maybe tear some cloth from your clothing and try to plug up the holes? Even my 9 year old daughter was saying why not hold the bucket up against your body and use your hands to plug some of the other holes and that should stop most of them. Just felt like there was some ways to solve the problem with the holes in the bucket using some creativity. I didn't even think about the angle of him giving up his vote as coming back to bite him when it was happening. I get why he was worried about the perception that he was a liar and deceptive but its literally the start of the season and everyone is going to have that problem to face at some point so was it really going to matter until they do a tribe shake up or merge? He didn't want to own up to his mistakes so I wouldn't want to work with him going forward either when he gives up when things are tough.

Most seasons Jess would have been the obvious first vote but I don't think they could look past Jalensky's quitting and not owning up to his mistakes even if she is the weaker and the sleep deprivation could be an issue she is still any easy vote next time. Unless she all the sudden does a 180 and becomes a stronger player she probably won't last long especially if her current tribe loses again.

Too early to get a read on the players, Jalensky was the 1 guy I immediately got annoyed with so glad he went first. Everyone else so far hasn't done anything yet for me to dislike them or make me think they are a favorite to win so that's a good thing and hopefully and omen for a good season to come.
Agreed with all you said. No creativity at the sweat challenge. I watch with my parents and we're all screaming "plug the holes". The one thing you don't want to be on Survivor is a quiter or someone who gives up. I'm just fine with the first vote given what he did but, tribal was a bit comical. The blubbering gal who can't think straight or the quitter who won't own up to his actions, Both were easy first votes when no one really knows anyone yet

Last edited:
Reactions: CYdTracked

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
stop-whining-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
These first 2 votes were obvious but seems like that tribe in general are just not great players so far IMO. I mean they had an easy vote and they still found a way to make it more difficult than it needed to be.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Seems like they are bringing in a lot of players who are quitters. I think it's part of them wanting to be more inclusive but it's got to be embarrassing for the show to have people do that. Think of all the people who would love to play but don't get to.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I agree, Jelinsky was pretty obnoxious.

Saying he's committed then he quits when it gets tough, and talks about how hates to lie. It makes me wonder if he knows that's the most important part of playing survivor.

I just hate someone that would of played better got shafted for this tool.

• Agree

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Saying he's committed then he quits when it gets tough, and talks about how hates to lie. It makes me wonder if he knows that's the most important part of playing survivor.

I just hate someone that would of played better got shafted for this tool.
Agree 100%, the casting over the past few seasons has been really, really bad IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just finished 2nd episode. Thought for sure in that tribal Bhanu had talked himself into getting voted out.

Shocked at how bad some of these people are at this. Liz flashing her wealth around my goodness.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Nobody wants to actually play the game anymore. They're all there for some personal journey and to make friends. They all love each other as soon as they get off the boat. Then when the season is over they all hang out together.

Where are the people that actually want to win a million dollars by outwitting, outplaying, and outlasting? Where are the liars and backstabbers? I believe they can cast people like this and still fulfill CBS's diversity quota.

I'm not discounting anyone's personal struggles in their lives, and good for them overcoming adversity and being successful and making it on the show and such, but I don't tune in to see that.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Not sure there is anyone I super like. Venus is easy on the eyes but her personality is ugly. Just me me me.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Sucks for the guy that got medical tapped. Sounds like the MRI was not bad news as his hand was working again but don't blame them for being cautious either.

Bhanu is a mess. He is not long for the game and is an emotional liability. Glad he spilled the beans on the journey, I probably would have too if I had a feeling I was going home as you may as well wreck someone else's game while you can. His only hope is he gets in a tribe swap and finally starts playing strategically. Right now some of these players are either playing the game a little too aggressive too soon or just aren't playing a good game at all.

Reactions: Drew0311

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Not sure there is anyone I super like. Venus is easy on the eyes but her personality is ugly. Just me me me.
The one lady on the green tribe said she's there to lie, cheat, and steal, but they haven't shown much of her. And then the science teacher guy seems like he could make it pretty far.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think they need to stop changing the game all the time too. I say go back to 2 tribes, no more losing votes, and no more of these journeys.
Agree. And do they even hide immunity idols that are just plain old straight up immunity idols anymore? Seems like everything now is one of the 'beware' deals that takes three steps over multiple days to actually get the idol.

One thing I wish they'd do for at least one season, is eliminate the merge somehow. It's become such a predictable part of the game for all of the players, a lot of strategizing about "how I can just make it to the merge" and players counting on that, I think it'd be cool to surprise them by taking it away. I know it'd be tough though.