Survivor 46

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Agree. And do they even hide immunity idols that are just plain old straight up immunity idols anymore? Seems like everything now is one of the 'beware' deals that takes three steps over multiple days to actually get the idol.

One thing I wish they'd do for at least one season, is eliminate the merge somehow. It's become such a predictable part of the game for all of the players, a lot of strategizing about "how I can just make it to the merge" and players counting on that, I think it'd be cool to surprise them by taking it away. I know it'd be tough though.

We were saying to just start the game out as one big tribe for about the first 6 challenges, then break them into two tribes and let them battle it out until the end. Just do the reverse of what they always do.

Bhanu never should have signed up and Survivor needs to quit casting person journey people and cast some people out for blood. That’s why the challenge is just as good now. This people are out for blood and they come up with new challenges every year that are great. Survivor does basically the same thing every challenge

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
We were saying to just start the game out as one big tribe for about the first 6 challenges, then break them into two tribes and let them battle it out until the end. Just do the reverse of what they always do.

Bhanu never should have signed up and Survivor needs to quit casting person journey people and cast some people out for blood. That’s why the challenge is just as good now. This people are out for blood and they come up with new challenges every year that are great. Survivor does basically the same thing every challenge
Yep, that's another annoying evolution of the show. Pretty much every challenge is the same... a strength element, an endurance element, a puzzle element. They just take different forms. Wish they'd do some of the full-contact battles they used to do.

Reactions: Drew0311

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Agree. And do they even hide immunity idols that are just plain old straight up immunity idols anymore? Seems like everything now is one of the 'beware' deals that takes three steps over multiple days to actually get the idol.

One thing I wish they'd do for at least one season, is eliminate the merge somehow. It's become such a predictable part of the game for all of the players, a lot of strategizing about "how I can just make it to the merge" and players counting on that, I think it'd be cool to surprise them by taking it away. I know it'd be tough though.
They do I think after the merge. Interesting idea. Yeah players think about it day 1 now. A tribe of 1 or 2 going against a tribe of 4, 5, or 6 would be something.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Just finished the latest episode. Totally agree on bhanu who said he's not here to win the game. My God casting for this season should be fired.

Then Q who I think said he was a division 1 athlete sucks at a challenge and wanted to be voted out because of that. Woof.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
My God, Bhanu needed to be voted out two episodes ago. I would go absolutely insane being stuck with him on an island.

Whoever is in charge of creating even teams has been terrible the last couple of seasons.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Bhanu just was not cut out to play Survivor. I'm sure he's a great person and his story about growing up in poverty was interesting but he was an emotional basket case playing the game.

Feel bad after his story at the end but I don't watch survivor for touching stories I watch for the gameplay and for a guy who claimed he was a superfan he looked like he had no clue how to play this game.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Feel bad after his story at the end but I don't watch survivor for touching stories I watch for the gameplay and for a guy who claimed he was a superfan he looked like he had no clue how to play this game.
When you start asking other players to coach you on how to play the game that's a sign that you probably shouldn't have been casted for the show. They really need to get back to what made the show great and cast some people that are upfront about wanting to play the game dirty like a villan. Too many soft people being cast or trying to fill all the diversity dynamics instead of just casting people that you know are going to play the game hard and aren't there to make friends or have a journey/adventure as their main goal.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Oof, that episode was something. Even the lady on the green tribe who said she was there to lie, cheat, and steal started crying. Hunter is the only good player. I thought it was funny how he was annoyed by the singing.

I'd like to see ratings for the last few seasons. They have to be declining. I don't know how Jeff isn't fed up with these players the last few years. He needs to be the casting director again. Seems like every player needs to have a story now, but do you remember any of them from prior seasons? I don't. I couldn't tell you the winners of the last few seasons either.

Go back to the roots. 16 people, 2 tribes, 39 days. Stop casting superfans, people who claim they've seen every episode but yet have no clue how the game works. Stop with the journeys, shot in the dark, and beware advantages and losing votes. Has someone losing their vote even had an impact on the game? I don't think so. Hide 2 basic idols for each tribe, if someone goes home with it or plays, put another one in play.

Oh and if you aren't watching Deal or No Deal Island with Boston Rob, you're missing out on some great TV. Rob is doing Rob things and I love it.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Finally a good blindside and a tough vote. Interesting she did not reveal she was going home with an idol in her pocket. Probably wants them all to wonder who has it. Merge is happening next, will be interesting to see where everyone scrambles as 1 tribe hasn't lost a single player yet but there are definitely cracks there especially with Venus.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Oh and if you aren't watching Deal or No Deal Island with Boston Rob, you're missing out on some great TV. Rob is doing Rob things and I love it.

My wife and I just started watching it and trying to catch up, just finished the third episode. We love villains and Boston Rob is great again. It’s amazing how some of the others know who Rob is and his gameplay, yet go along with it.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Finally a good blindside and a tough vote. Interesting she did not reveal she was going home with an idol in her pocket. Probably wants them all to wonder who has it. Merge is happening next, will be interesting to see where everyone scrambles as 1 tribe hasn't lost a single player yet but there are definitely cracks there especially with Venus.
We were pretty shocked she didn't use it. All of that work that went into getting it, and then she didn't use it and went home. Ouch.

Reactions: riceville98

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We were pretty shocked she didn't use it. All of that work that went into getting it, and then she didn't use it and went home. Ouch.
They must have done a good job planning the vote without her getting nervous as she didn't seem to think she was in trouble to consider using it. I do love that she didn't say she had it on the way out as some think Tim has it.

It was good to see the 1 tribe finally win an immunity challenge. The 3 that are left I think could be good individual players going forward so will interesting to see who they try to align with. I'm hoping that Venus is the villan her tribe thinks she is because we haven't really had one recently so if she can play a bit like Parvati it would make things more interesting. Said it earlier they need to cast a couple people that want to play the villan instead of trying to check all these demographic boxes that it seems obvious they have been doing for awhile now. As a fan of the show I want to really hate someone on the cast for a change as it gives viewers a reason tune in hoping to see some conflict. We really haven't had a player like that in awhile, there have been a few I found annoying but not that I disliked because they not only were not likable but I hated how they manipulate and stay in the game.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This cast is full of people that don't play the game well. The merge feast was a perfect example with trying to get each tribe to put out a name of who on their tribe they would be ok with voting out. Lol, when numbers matter right now for the next few votes you aren't going to willingly throw out someone as a sacrifice.

Dunno if Mo deserved to go home, thought Venus might after she tried to dictate who she wanted out. I do think Venus wanting Charlie out was probably the best move if people were ready to start drawing some lines in the sand on where they think they stand in the game. Hoping things get more interesting soon as the votes haven't been too shocking so fsr.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I thought the episode was boring, wasn't paying attention at all. Next week looks good though. Hunter going all Tony climbing a tree and spying because he got a couple votes.

Reactions: riceville98

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I understand Tim's thinking in wanting Hunter out but your in that plus one 6 person alliance with Hunter plus he's a bigger threat / shield down the line. All he had to do was go with group to vote Ben. His loyalty to his old tribe got him sent home.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Help Support Us

Become a patron