NBA: T-Wolves Butler situation

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Seeing that a potential trade of Butler to the Heat has fallen through at the last minute. Sounds like the T-Wolves organization got a bit too greedy at the very end possibly?

Also sounds like there wasn't any other possible deals in the works because everyone thought this deal with the Heat was a done deal. So where do the Wolves go now with Butler? Have to deal him somewhere, but where? Where do they go from here? Glen Taylor and Thibs are morons, so I fully expect to get next to nothing for Butler. Granted they have no leverage since everyone knows Butler wants out, but they have to get someone.

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2018/...ves-sources-say-trade-miami-heat-falls-apart/

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Butler is a whiney *****. Keep him on the bench all season if u can’t get good value for him.

Completely agree! Can't stand him. Didn't even like him when he liked being a Timberwolves player. He hogged the ball in the last minute of every close game and wouldn't pass it, even when being doubled. He always wanted to take the last shot and be the hero, and it cost Minny a lot of games.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Seeing that a potential trade of Butler to the Heat has fallen through at the last minute. Sounds like the T-Wolves organization got a bit too greedy at the very end possibly?

Also sounds like there wasn't any other possible deals in the works because everyone thought this deal with the Heat was a done deal. So where do the Wolves go now with Butler? Have to deal him somewhere, but where? Where do they go from here? Glen Taylor and Thibs are morons, so I fully expect to get next to nothing for Butler. Granted they have no leverage since everyone knows Butler wants out, but they have to get someone.

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2018/...ves-sources-say-trade-miami-heat-falls-apart/
Taylor is a Moron? Derp.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
They should trade for Monte Morris straight-up. Then all these NBA fans in Iowa can start cheering for the team closest to them.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Taylor is a Moron? Derp.

In running the Timberwolves..... YES! He doesn't know what he's doing. Everyone up there hates him. They loved him for getting an NBA expansion team there, but they've hated him up there for quite a while. There's been a big hatred between Kevin Garnett and Taylor for a long time and the fans are on Garnett's side.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Butler is great as a stopper and maybe your 3rd option on offense. Seems like the kind of player that wants to be the man on a lottery team.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Butler is great as a stopper and maybe your 3rd option on offense. Seems like the kind of player that wants to be the man on a lottery team.
Nobody knows what Jimmy wants other than Jimmy, and even he doesn't seem to really know. In Chicago he said his time made him realize that being the main guy of a big market maybe isn't what he wants to be, last year he said he wanted to be the hard working veteran and coach the young guys up, now it sounds like he is just looking for that Check or a place he prefers to call home. whatever haha

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In running the Timberwolves..... YES! He doesn't know what he's doing. Everyone up there hates him. They loved him for getting an NBA expansion team there, but they've hated him up there for quite a while. There's been a big hatred between Kevin Garnett and Taylor for a long time and the fans are on Garnett's side.
Garnett seems like such a great dude, but he actually was a prima donna to his teammates and coaches. I was a pretty big fan of his years ago so I was really disappointed when I learned this.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The TWolves could win without Butler if they weren't the LOADED West.
Maybe. I do agree with Jimmy about one thing, none of our "best" players seem to want to embody the Alpha role. They all showed signs of improvement on D last year, although it was hard to be much worse. When Jimmy wasn't on the floor they looked lost for stretches in games because it seemed like someone was waiting for somebody else to take over.

I will say, KAT started playing like a man on a mission after he got called out by Joel Embiid last year. I hope Jimmy literally saying that they can't win with KAT and not Jimmy, will light a fire under his ass.