NBA: T-Wolves Butler situation

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
In more bizarre news, apparently Butler says he called a team meeting and told the players he doesn't have a problem with the players just the management but Jeff Teague says that didn't happen.

Woof!

And hasn't Teague been one of the guys who has had Butler's back a little until now?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Because Thibs doesn't want to. Report from someone covering the Heat is that Riley called Thibs a mutherf'er because a deal was in place and they were exchanging medicals for the players and Thibs called up and said he changed his mind and wanted more.

Ordinarily I'd dismiss that as hack blogger stuff, bu that sounds totally plausible. The only thing I doubt is that if a deal had gotten that close to being done then Glen Taylor would have overruled Thibs and pushed it to the finish line. He's made it pretty clear that he wants to deal Butler and move on before the season starts.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Glad to see Butler is finally gone. Good player but not worth the crap. His headcase act should really go over well in Philly.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Wonder why they wouldn’t take the 4 1st round pick offed they got. Not familiar with most of those players Minnesota is getting though

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Wonder why they wouldn’t take the 4 1st round pick offed they got. Not familiar with most of those players Minnesota is getting though

Not sure if the 4 1st rd picks was ever really a deal that Houston was going to sign off on or not?

I feel like the Wolves once again made a terrible deal here though, but they had to get rid of Butler.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyfan21