That Was The Worst Officiated ISU Game I Have Ever Seen

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
this was pathetic beyond belief. This was worse than the KU game at Hilton in 2014. This one was bad from start to finish. TJ needed to get T'd up at some point in this game, he needed to fight for his guys. No way Orr, Floyd or Eustacy would put up with that crap.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
this was pathetic beyond belief. This was worse than the KU game at Hilton in 2014. This one was bad from start to finish. TJ needed to get T'd up at some point in this game, he needed to fight for his guys. No way Orr, Floyd or Eustacy would put up with that crap.
To what end? I like TJ's approach. It's refreshing. The refs are going to **** it up eventually. He's playing the long game.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
The last coach at ISU to realize the importance of getting technical fouls on purpose was Eustachy.

Tonight reminded me why I gave up courtside seats and became a more casual fan. The Big12 is either the most rigged or incompetently officiated conference, and it is not worth getting so personally invested.

They can screw ISU, they do screw ISU, and nothing ever happens. Absolute joke.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I prefer a coach that doesn't whine every foul. I'm sure the refs do too.
It's pretty clear from watching TJ and the team that he instills in the team to not react to adversity. If you are a yammering idiot on the bench (looking at you, Fran), the team is going to lose their cool too. He leads by example, because that's how he wants the players to conduct themselves, and they do.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The refs were really pretty bad all the way around. The one that really pissed me off was when their star play got called for a charge and he a Bobby were out there jawing with the refs for 5 minutes about the call without a T. Just absolutely ridiculous.

ISU is going to get a lot of fouls just because of the way they play, but to not call WVU for the same stuff is crazy.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
These refs broke the most important rule of refereeing and that is to not make yourselves apart of the game. It was clear they wanted to impact the game. The Robert Jones flagrant and multiple overturned calls are unacceptable. These refs should be removed from B12 officiating immediately

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If the refs wanted to call the game that way, whatever. But there was a 10+ minute stretch in second half where WVU wasn’t called for a single foul. Has WVU ever gone 10 minutes in a game without being called for a foul ever under Huggins?

Reactions: CyNews and cayin