The Big 12 AD meeting Thursday night

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
But don't they have suspicions and start to do some digging?? If the Houston Chronicle reporter can find out through his sources, how the hell doesn't the Big12 commissioner not have better sources...

Well unless Bob Bowlsby has sources in the Texas A&M athletic department, he's not going to be able to get the same scoop.

The only reason this was brought to light at all was because A&M is going to do everything in their power to make sure Texas doesn't join the SEC.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
But don't they have suspicions and start to do some digging?? If the Houston Chronicle reporter can find out through his sources, how the hell doesn't the Big12 commissioner not have better sources...

Cause the Houston Chronicle is being fed this by A&M. They are leaking to put some attention on it and see if they can get help in preventing it. It's not like the Houston Chronicle reporter stumbled upon this on their own.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The meeting should include Bowlsby and he should present what he knows and his thoughts and recommendations. He should then be dropped from the meeting and the schools discuss amongst themselves. Bowlsby has lost most of his power now and should NOT be given any at this time.

The Big 12 commish doesn't have unilateral powers. He's at the mercy of the university presidents.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
F1a0.gif

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Let's just do it already.

I would also accept **** Off for Kansas, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Rutgers, or Duke. However, since 5 of those schools are already in conferences, they'll probably be ok.

Pac-12Big 10B12
1​
ArizonaPenn StateIowa StateB10
2​
Arizona StateMichigan StateWest VirginiaACC
3​
CalMichiganOklahoma StatePac 12
4​
StanfordOhio StateKansasB10
5​
USCMarylandKansas StatePac 12
6​
UCLARutgersTCUPac 12
7​
ColoradoIndianaTexas TechPac 12
8​
UtahPurdueBaylor**** Off
9​
WashingtonNorthwestern
10​
Washington StateIllinois
11​
Oregon StateWisconsin
12​
OregonMinnesota
13​
Oklahoma StateIowa
14​
Kansas StateNebraska
15​
TCUIowa State
16​
Texas TechKansas
SECACC
1​
FloridaClemson
2​
GeorgiaNotre Dame
3​
MissouriMiami
4​
KentuckyUNC
5​
TennesseeNC State
6​
South CarolinaBoston College
7​
VanderbiltPittsburgh
8​
AlabamaVirginia Tech
9​
Texas A&MVirginia
10​
AuburnWake Forest
11​
LSUGeorgia Tech
12​
Ole MissLouisville
13​
ArkansasFlorida State
14​
Mississippi StateDuke
15​
TexasSyracuse
16​
OklahomaWest Virginia

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Will all the pro-NIL people on here still think it was a good idea if it basically ends ISU football as we know it?

I have to admit that I couldn't make up my mind at the time if NIL was a good thing or not? I was basically 50/50 on it. Saw about just as many positives as negatives.

But over the last week or two, I've really swung to the side that it's really going to mess everything up.

cyballrulz93

SuperFanatic
Jan 11, 2010
Let's just do it already.

I would also accept **** Off for Kansas, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Rutgers, or Duke. However, since 5 of those schools are already in conferences, they'll probably be ok.

Pac-12Big 10B12
1​
ArizonaPenn StateIowa StateB10
2​
Arizona StateMichigan StateWest VirginiaACC
3​
CalMichiganOklahoma StatePac 12
4​
StanfordOhio StateKansasB10
5​
USCMarylandKansas StatePac 12
6​
UCLARutgersTCUPac 12
7​
ColoradoIndianaTexas TechPac 12
8​
UtahPurdueBaylor**** Off
9​
WashingtonNorthwestern
10​
Washington StateIllinois
11​
Oregon StateWisconsin
12​
OregonMinnesota
13​
Oklahoma StateIowa
14​
Kansas StateNebraska
15​
TCUIowa State
16​
Texas TechKansas
SECACC
1​
FloridaClemson
2​
GeorgiaNotre Dame
3​
MissouriMiami
4​
KentuckyUNC
5​
TennesseeNC State
6​
South CarolinaBoston College
7​
VanderbiltPittsburgh
8​
AlabamaVirginia Tech
9​
Texas A&MVirginia
10​
AuburnWake Forest
11​
LSUGeorgia Tech
12​
Ole MissLouisville
13​
ArkansasFlorida State
14​
Mississippi StateDuke
15​
TexasSyracuse
16​
OklahomaWest Virginia
This all makes perfect sense. Which is exactly why it will never happen.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Will all the pro-NIL people on here still think it was a good idea if it basically ends ISU football as we know it?

I have to admit that I couldn't make up my mind at the time if NIL was a good thing or not? I was basically 50/50 on it. Saw about just as many positives as negatives.

But over the last week or two, I've really swung to the side that it's really going to mess everything up.

I generally supported is as the right thing for the players. A little uneasy about how it would help the haves vs. the have nots.

Didn't foresee **** hitting the fan this quickly though.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

There were podcasts on here about how great the NIL crap was.

Now, I think it was the right thing to do. But it'll **** Iowa State over.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This isn't surprising. If I pissed a bunch of people off, the last thing I'd want to do is be in a meeting or on a conference call with them.

No ****. But this means they aren't even considering using it as a negotiation.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don't think this was as much the Houston Chronicle as someone within the SEC included in the secretive discussions decided to leak.

Why would an SEC person leak to Bowlsby? He isn't going to go public as his first move.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
What I hope comes out of this is some strategic partnerships. Something like ISU partnering with Kansas to try to get into the Big Ten, or ISU partnering with Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech or Kansas State to get into the Pac-12.

Would much prefer the B1G option. I really, really, really do not want to get caught up with the Pac 12 if we can help it. Loooooong road trips, odd rivalries, worst per school TV revenue in the P5. Seems like a marriage of convenience, aren't we leaving that in the Big 12?

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
i'd hope JP and whoever is the headmaster at KU are eating some runzas right now plotting

Yes, and the IA and KS Govs and Legislators. They all need to start singing out the same hymnal soon about why ISU and KU to the B1G is the greatest thing for college football since Knute Rockne invented the forward pass.

Help Support Us

Become a patron