The Big 12 AD meeting Thursday night

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
College rivalries are going away with all this realignment. The rich are going to get richer, the poor are going to get poorer.

I enjoyed the Big 8, accepted the Big 12, and I think I may be done with college athletics when the music stops with this latest round of musical chairs….
It's already been mostly local since last round, but it will become more and more like MLB. If you have a team, great, if you don't have a team, you may pay attention to one near by

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
That is because if this is all true, it was put into motion long before today in anticipation of the NIL ruling. And both schools knowing full well of the backlash are prepared to pay whatever fine/penalty that might be levied. I may be wrong.......but then again why aren't either on the call?
I'm a firm believer of these types of move bearing fruit and parties that play like this getting what they deserve.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
So can the 8 remaining schools vote to not show any of their games on TV? The conference does own the rights.

Yes they can. Not sure if Tx/ou would have to be voted out of conf or not though..but there is language in the GOR that allows this to happen.

Now...This would only hurt 2021 revenue by alot so it's prob not feasible.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Like I've already mentioned.... if this goes through and ISU ends up in the MAC or MWC.... I will hope and pray that all of college football suffers a quick death.

I barely ever watch SEC football now, but will never watch it if this happens, and I think a LOT of people will follow suit.... hopefully anyway. Are they arrogant enough to believe that if they basically end college football as we know it that the whole country will just sit back and watch them all play football? I won't. I will no longer care at all.
If iowa state is even left in the Big 12 reject conference where OU and Texas are replaced with USF and UCF, I still will not care about college football anymore.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
So can the 8 remaining schools vote to not show any of their games on TV? The conference does own the rights.

Well if they do......you can scratch two conference games this year. Which may be a forgone conclusion.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I think the Pac 12 would want to add 4 teams if B1G and SEC went to 16 teams.

Not unless ESPN is directing them to take 4 teams to lessen payouts OU/UT have to make to exit the league or it allows them to get the Big 12 dissolved sooner. There are not 4 teams that add that kind of value to a contract.

I think its a better chance at this point the B1G takes 6 PAC schools with USC, UCLA, OR & UW part of the mix and some schools such as ASU/and or AZ, Utah, possibly Colorado need a home. But if they did this I wouldn't be shocked if the B1G tried to use KU and/or Co. as a bridge to the west.

The only way the B1G counters this move is by getting USC . Then to hope to possibly leverage that into getting ND at some time. If those two dominoes fell, maybe the B1G could even still lure OU & UT away from the SEC.

This all still sucks for ISU!

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Total lack of class and integrity by OU and UT. Have some balls and show up.

Why would anyone want the teams that are already known to be leaving to participate in a call planning the remaining teams' futures? How would that be appropriate in any way?

Reactions: DurangoCy

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This. **** them both. I can’t wait to be there for Texas last game in Ames. I won’t be able to talk for a week from screaming so loud. I hope we beat the everliving sh*t out of them.
I’d be a fun memory that would fade pretty dang fast.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
College rivalries are going away with all this realignment. The rich are going to get richer, the poor are going to get poorer.

I enjoyed the Big 8, accepted the Big 12, and I think I may be done with college athletics when the music stops with this latest round of musical chairs….
college football was about tradition, pageantry, rivalries and geography. Now that is not the case anymore.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
You are insufferable when it comes to this type of talk. All gloom and doom. You'd be best to stay off the boards and not comment until the dust settles.

If I had to rank the options, I would put them in this order.
1. A revamped AAC with adding UH, BYU and maybe 2-4 others.
2. Some combo of ASU/AZ/Utah/Co. left homeless from the B1G taking their most preferred 6 PAC properties.
3. ESPN paying the PAC to add CST content to expedite the OU/UT exit process. At least this gives the PAC plenty of content for different time windows. But that is part of the advantage of the B1G taking the 6 best PAC properties also for the BTN. Plus it gives them a final push for ND with USC/Stanford.
4. CFB consolidates to 2 power leagues one of being the B1G who goes after AAU type institutions and ISU slides in at 30-32. I wouldn't count on this one.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Why would anyone want the teams that are already known to be leaving to participate in a call planning the remaining teams' futures? How would that be appropriate in any way?

First, they were invited.

Second, if I took a huge dump on long-time business associates, I'd man up and face the music.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
college football was about tradition, pageantry, rivalries and geography. Now that is not the case anymore.

I would say that’s really up to the Big Ten, ACC, and PAC-12 at this point. SEC as constituted with Ou and TX makes geographic sense.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010

I'm feeling the same way. Why not watch the highest level of football in the NFL if its going to be this cut throat. Why will I care about CFB on any national level in the future.