The Fighting...

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
He comes across as really cocky in my eyes. If you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk the walk and not let adversity get to you and that's what happened to him last night. I understand he has high expectations for himself, but if you are a captain of any team, you cannot let emotions get to you and I feel he did that last night.

There's a difference between cocky and confident. I have never heard him put himself above the team or say "nobody can stop me" or anything like that. I don't see him jawing at the opposition or dancing after touchdowns. He is a bit eccentric (the hair, the sunglasses, the do rag (although I suspect this is just to handle the hair), the chain). That's not cockiness. It's southern black culture that he has picked up on. He seems immature, and he has admitted he's still working on that. I know he's a redshirt junior, but this is more like handling a redshirt freshman.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
A lot of people banging on Park. They need to check themselves. Park is the best QB we've had since Sage. Even the best QB's have stinkers. Manning and Brady have had games where they have thrown multiple picks and have looked like garbage. The real test will be how he handles adversity and where he goes from here. Because the team isn't ready yet to make that jump to the next level so it's about getting better this year then it's all in for 2018

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
There's a difference between cocky and confident. I have never heard him put himself above the team or say "nobody can stop me" or anything like that. I don't see him jawing at the opposition or dancing after touchdowns. He is a bit eccentric (the hair, the sunglasses, the do rag (although I suspect this is just to handle the hair), the chain). That's not cockiness. It's southern black culture that he has picked up on. He seems immature, and he has admitted he's still working on that. I know he's a redshirt junior, but this is more like handling a redshirt freshman.
I definitely agree there is a difference. And the way he talks and dresses may be part of it because I'm not used to that type of culture, but its just what I feel. Regardless I just want him to just lead us to some wins. He can be whatever he wants if he wins.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He comes across as really cocky in my eyes. If you're gonna talk the talk, you better walk the walk and not let adversity get to you and that's what happened to him last night. I understand he has high expectations for himself, but if you are a captain of any team, you cannot let emotions get to you and I feel he did that last night.

Hey Curt, this is a strong contender

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Lol you can stop after "that's not cockiness". Going down a pretty dumb route after that.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I definitely agree there is a difference. And the way he talks and dresses may be part of it because I'm not used to that type of culture, but its just what I feel. Regardless I just want him to just lead us to some wins. He can be whatever he wants if he wins.

Lol

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I like Park. Just win baby.
What I do not like is this offense. Would it be a stroke of divine inspiration to have some creative plays for our guys where the qb is under center and the O-ling moves forward.....on a quick count and up tempo to throw other team off?
Anyway....I am pretty convinced we would go through all this pointless kabuke theater to get a play in and the Texas D would just change what they were sometimes bluffing to do after we made our play set.....Hell, during the 4th quarter, they didn't even have to do that.
Anyway.....I am with the players.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I like his fire and his cockiness. I'm sick of watching "good guy" QBs be mediocre. He's also been the guy most vocal about the absolute refusal to accept mediocrity. His attitude isn't an issue at this point.

The haircut thing was peak CF football analysis. I was just waiting for it.

As for the coaching, I'm not going to watch that turd again, but there were a lot of open guys last night. Now, if you want to say the teaching up until that game failed to prepare Park, that's fine but Montgomery was open basically all night and two of the pick were to an open Butler but were bad throws. "PLAY CALLING!" is the lowest common denominator of football criticism so I get it and there were certainly individual calls, like the 3rd and short right away, that were bad but I think the staf envisioned getting Montgomery the ball on the perimeter in the passing game because they didn't think they could run it (and they couldn't). Park has to make those easy plays. That's really the bottom line.

• Winner
Reactions: tolfbfan

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I like Park. Just win baby.
What I do not like is this offense. Would it be a stroke of divine inspiration to have some creative plays for our guys where the qb is under center and the O-ling moves forward.....on a quick count and up tempo to throw other team off?
Anyway....I am pretty convinced we would go through all this pointless kabuke theater to get a play in and the Texas D would just change what they were sometimes bluffing to do after we made our play set.....Hell, during the 4th quarter, they didn't even have to do that.
Anyway.....I am with the players.

Let's keep it clean. Watch what you want at home, but don't bring it to us.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Personally, I like a little fire from player and coach. Especially, at the college level. That said.. Park didn't live up to the hype tonight in front of a national audience. I think -my opinion- Park was playing for more than just a Cyclone win tonight.

All the antics on the sideline were from a player that wanted to win. I can live with that. It wasn't like he quit on his team or coach.

That's the key distinction here. This wasn't a guy who threw a fit and sulked. He said one very short thing to Park and had ESPN not gone on and on about it forever, it wouldn't have been a big deal. He was right by Campbell talking the rest of the night. He was around his teammates.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
It took me a while into reading this thread to actually know what the fighting you were talking about was. Those commentators were atrocious

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They'd get open if Park got a haircut.

Running lanes would be there too.

I LOVE ISU's chances next Saturday if Park shows up more like Lloyd Braun.

lloyd-braun-seinfeld-3.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron