The Hex - CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
What the **** is happening?
We played Chandler at right back, who has never done **** in a USA shirt. We played Omar at CB, who should have been done at the international level after the 2014 world cup. We played Besler at LB who has proved he's been terrible at that position in the 4 times Klinsmann has played him there. Our best CB in Brooks has played like **** the past two matches. We played Jones more minutes in the two most important games of the year than he played the entire season for his club. Bradley is always put in a box-to-box or #10 role instead of a holding role that is his best position. And our forwards have no idea what they are doing.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
This team has quit on its manager. Bye Jurgen .

I hope so. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I just don't think Sunil has the stones.

The next Hex matches are in March. If you are ready to kick JK to the curb now, Sigi Schmid is available immediately.

Last edited:

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
So....see you 2022?

Qualifying is far from over. The US has now played two out of their three most difficult matches in the first two games of qualifying. The rest of the Hex will be much easier from here on out.

That being said, US fans cannot be feeling confident about the state of the team right now.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I hope so. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I just don't think Sunil has the stones.

The next Hex matches are in March. If you are ready to kick JK to the curb now, Sigi Schmid is available immediately.

Yeah, I doubt it too. Just hoping really. Apparently, Bruce Arena would be the choice, most likely temporary, if Jurgen is fired. That's according to Grant Wahl who is usually pretty plugged in.

The players look much worse for the NT then they do for their club. That's on the manager. I also don't think the players appreciate being thrown under the bus every time they lose. Jurgen has done some nice things but it's time to move on.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006

This surprises me, but pleasantly. If this is true, there must really be some truth to the spterimeculation that Klinsmann has lost the team. Of course, that's not so hard to believe when he constantly throws his players under the bus after disappointing results.

I hadn't really thought of Arena as an interim replacement, but with MLS headed into its offseason soon this is plausible.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Qualifying is far from over. The US has now played two out of their three most difficult matches in the first two games of qualifying. The rest of the Hex will be much easier from here on out.

That being said, US fans cannot be feeling confident about the state of the team right now.

Yeah I was just annoyed. I agree with you though leaves little room for error. Hopefully Jurgen can get this team back.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
you can tell last night they quit. That was embarrasing. JK has always been under the assumption and smugness that he knows more about soccer than the stupid Americans. That schtick worked for a time, and we have become better and the young talent has gotten better! But last night the players quit and last night the players told everyone what they needed to know about the USMNT.

cypack747

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2013
Klinsmann's time needs to be up. I'm scared that US Soccer, Gulati especially, is too invested in him to make the move.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Please tell me JK is done! I am tired of seeing nearly half the players on the pitch playing out of their natural positions. And then him throwing them under a bus when it doesn't work. What a colossal shitting of the bed the last two games were.

I always thought he should have been the technical director and not the coach, he has done some good things, but overall I think he would have better served US soccer as only a TD and let a tactical coach put a team on the pitch.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
I hadn't really thought of Arena as an interim replacement, but with MLS headed into its offseason soon this is plausible.

For what it's worth, Gerrard and Keane (Wow...) are leaving LA in the offseason. (Lampard is leaving NYCFC, so hopefully MLS can shake off it's retirement league status and become a league for younger players like Morris, Dwyer (I think when he does apply for US citizenship, he'll likely play for the US)

It's still highly likely that US qualifies for 2018, even if we have to fight an Asian club for it. I think we'll turn it around.

If not, A complete restructure from top to bottom will hopefully happen, I would sack Gulati along with Jurgen as coach (but stay on as Tech. Director)