The Leftovers

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I'm guessing the water sampler guy kidnapped the girls that's why there was a scene with them running through the woods naked... i have absolutely no idea what is going on though and i love it.

Hmm good thinking I forgot about that scene.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
I was just assuming they got sucked down the hole along with the water.

Was there a hole? I guess I might have missed that. My screen was dark and I had some reflection from the lamp in our living room, so I very well might have missed that. I'm a little suspicious of the car locked with the stereo blaring and the windows up? Kind of makes it feel as though something is afoul.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Was there a hole? I guess I might have missed that. My screen was dark and I had some reflection from the lamp in our living room, so I very well might have missed that. I'm a little suspicious of the car locked with the stereo blaring and the windows up? Kind of makes it feel as though something is afoul.

Yep there was a big hole that the water drained into.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
It is confusing...but here are my thoughts.

The water has some kind of power. I think that's why they showed the girl who drinks straight from the spring and swims in it being able to pitch a softball really hard, sing really well, and run (naked) for a great distance (I assume).

Her dad and the other firefighters are the "BS" crew. They make sure nobody in town is peddling or promoting any kind of "supernatural" abilities or hokum...for whatever reason (maybe to keep the population under control?). I think that's why his wife buried the bird in the woods that flew off (after being buried in a box) and why his son told the German couple that the water had no magic powers and it was just a souvenir...they're hiding these things from the dad and the rest of the firefighters. I also think the knock knock joke the girl was going to tell the dad while playing catch was going to be her way of telling him, but she chickened out.

Or it could just be that the water turns them all into zombies after they die and they become white walkers who can only be killed by dragon glass...who the frick knows?

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
I'm guessing the water sampler guy kidnapped the girls that's why there was a scene with them running through the woods naked... i have absolutely no idea what is going on though and i love it.

But that came quite a bit before they disappeared and it was during the day. I guess it could have been the future, but I don't remember them looking scared or like they were running from something. I might have been somewhat distracted from the looking at their faces though. That was definitely one of the random scenes that didn't seem to connect to anything else.

Babiscuit

Mar 7, 2015
It is confusing...but here are my thoughts.

I also think the knock knock joke the girl was going to tell the dad while playing catch was going to be her way of telling him, but she chickened out.

She didn't chicken out on the knock knock joke. A broken pencil doesn't have a point. Its pointless....

I think they are dead. The Cosby kid predicted something bad would happen and this seems to be the type of thing the show would have turnout to be true. But they had scenes for the girl that would seem to go nowhere if she died (running naked, epilepsy) so maybe she is alive. No way to tell with this show.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
She didn't chicken out on the knock knock joke. A broken pencil doesn't have a point. Its pointless....

I think they are dead. The Cosby kid predicted something bad would happen and this seems to be the type of thing the show would have turnout to be true. But they had scenes for the girl that would seem to go nowhere if she died (running naked, epilepsy) so maybe she is alive. No way to tell with this show.

I don't get the point of that...:psmile:

Didn't the Family Matters kid say that something bad would happen to HIM specifically? I think there's more trouble for him coming.

I forgot about the epilepsy scene...there goes my theory.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Watched it last night. Girlfriend sat down about halfway through the episode and asked what the show was about. I told her this was the start of season two and I have no idea.

Babiscuit

Mar 7, 2015
Okay. I dont think the girl drowned in the water. She was supposed to be home by 11. The quake happened and they seemed instantly worried about the girl. That to me means it was past 11. So I am liking the kidnapping prediction.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I just finished watching the first two episodes of season two. My opinion from last season hasn't changed. I have no idea what I'm watching but I continue to watch.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
things are starting to take shape...... We finally find out what was with the birds in the box. We find out that Nora is theorized to be targeted by the demon Azezel...... we find out who left the pie, and he is related to Erica.... and a slew of other things that previously made us scratch our heads. I hope the episodes continue to shed more light on a lot of our questions....

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
So why do people think Nora threw the rock through their window? Didn't make a lot of sense to me unless she is mad because they wouldn't vouch for her brother.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So why do people think Nora threw the rock through their window? Didn't make a lot of sense to me unless she is mad because they wouldn't vouch for her brother.
That's about the only explanation I can think of. I started watching the last episode last night and dozed off about halfway through. I'll have to try and catch up this weekend

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA

Some theorize it's because she is mad that Erica's daughters disappearance is evidence that Nora is a lens and was directly responsible for her own families departure.

Not necessarily rational but just done out of misplaced anger/guilt.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
This last episode blew my mind. I want to analyze it, but like the new opening song you have to let the mystery be.

I think that the son take Kevin and he is "miraculously" brought back. Patty is gone and we don't know whether it worked or if he was psychotic and just needed to believe it.

I love this show because it is completely unpredictable and everything that happens can have a double meaning.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Just got caught up on this show. Ending of the show this week confirmed my suspicions about what happened to the girls that disappeared. Show is still F'd up though...haha! Hopefully Lindehof can close some plot points in this series (unlike what he did in Lost)

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Anyone else watch the season finale this week? Freakin awesome.
The last two episodes were great, very emotional. Got a little Lost-like with Kevin's death travels and the earthquakes (still haven't figured what those are about).

Help Support Us

Become a patron