*****The Super, Mega, Huge Big 12 Expansion Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
There has been some talk that Jerry Jones might pull some of his weight and get Arkansas in the Big XII, which would be awesome.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
If this does indeed happen, the Big 12 needs to pick-up 3 more teams. It obviously brings us back to 12 teams, but it also adds 3 new schools to the conference. To me, that would add excitement to the conference.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
There has been some talk that Jerry Jones might pull some of his weight and get Arkansas in the Big XII, which would be awesome.

I'd be down with that trade. I'd take Arkansas over aTm (who is shooting for the "whiniest little brother syndrome" gold) at this point.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I say don't add for the sake of adding. Add if it adds revenue. Otherwise stay at 9. 12 unhappy teams with less money is less stable than 9 somewhat unhappy teams with more money.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
A&M and Arkansas played every year 1934-1991 and some others before then. Jerry brought them back together in 2009.

Jerry:

He attended college at the University of Arkansas and was a co-captain of the 1964 National Championship football team. He was an all-SWC offensive lineman for Hall of Fame coach Frank Broyles and a teammate of Neil Rosenberg and Jimmy Johnson.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Arkansas has an ego similar to A&M. They want to win. In the SEC they will never have the chance to be a big dog.

Ummmm, they just played in the Sugar Bowl, won the SEC West a couple of times in the past few years, have spanked LSU several times in the past few years, and are arguably the top 3 this year in the SEC, and top 15 in the country. They are a darn big dog in the SEC right now...

Now if you are saying A&M will never be a SEC big dog, you are right on...

Last edited:

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Ummmm, they just played in the Sugar Bowl, won the SEC West a couple of times in the past few years, have spanked LSU several times in the past few years, and are arguably the top 3 this year in the SEC, and top 15 in the country. They are a darn big dog in the SEC right now...

Now if you are saying A&M will never be a SEC big dog, you are right on...

When it comes to the media attention compared to LSU, Bama, AU, FL, and now argueably A&M and Georgia they are inferior.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It will be though, there is no turning back for them now. People are saying on twitter that will be official on the 22nd.

I haven't really been following this realignment stuff this time around because, frankly, I didn't think it would happen. Does it seem like the SEC is going to stay unbalanced at 13 or will they grab someone from the ACC? If so who fills that spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.