*****The Super, Mega, Huge Big 12 Expansion Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Better call BYU and Louisville. Or Colorado State.

If this is happening, and it looks like it is, we'd better do something.

Of course, based on last year, it'll only take a day or two to sort out everything that does or doesn't happen.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Couldn't they have least waited for the first tier rights to come around for negotiation?
I wonder if the reason they will add another Texas school just to have another Texas school in the conference to replace the one that left.

I don't think this is about First Tier rights. This is more about the Aggies Ego more than anything else.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
The only school from Texas I'd consider is Houston but I wouldn't even do that. Staying at 9 might work for the next couple of years but I don't think it's a long term option. I'd like to expand by the time our next TV is up, so 4 years from now.

If someone can show me that Houston brings more revenue to the conference than they would take I might soften my stance, but I see no way they bring revenue. That market is already tapped.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
My girlfriend (now wife) and I went to the game two years ago and although the traditions are cool at first they get annoying and the yell leaders are creepy.

Had a conversation with a girl in front of us who asked me why we were in their Conference, I informed her that they joined our conference. Than she asked if I rooted for the Hawkeyes and I said no and she responded "Oh I cheer for all the Texas teams except for UT, Baylor, and Tech" Well I am sure North Texas appreciates your support...

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
SCNCY said:
I don't think this is about First Tier rights. This is more about the Aggies Ego more than anything else.

That's probably most certianly true.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
If aTm is gone and the conference feels a dire need to expand back to 10 then why wouldn't BYU be your first option rather than a lesser Texas team. Makes me wonder if BYU was ever really in the equation.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
If aTm is gone and the conference feels a dire need to expand back to 10 then why wouldn't BYU be your first option rather than a lesser Texas team. Makes me wonder if BYU was ever really in the equation.

If they weren't, they should have been.

If BYU isn't included in the planning, somebody is planning something stupid.

Going to be an interesting evening on the Webtubes tonight.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Stick a fork in this conference it's done. I will guarantee you that there will be more conferences expanding which equates to more B12 teams leaving because of this domino.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Couldn't they have least waited for the first tier rights to come around for negotiation?
I wonder if the reason they will add another Texas school just to have another Texas school in the conference to replace the one that left.

No, because then that would be helping Texas get even more money. While Texas doesn't even need that money anyway, I'm sure that the folks at aTm would want to stick it to them regardless. Just a meaningless ego trip on that front.

However, I won't buy this until it's OFFICIAL:

1. Message boards have a predominant tendency to initiate/spread baseless rumors.
2. It's a PAY site, that has an economic incentive to say such things.

Everybody just needs to keep calm, nothing has happened yet. It's not like there were "strong" rumors of Texas, OU, OSU, aTm, Colorado, and TT going to the Pac-10 last summer......oh wait.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Last year the rumor was that Arkansas was very interested in leaving the SEC and joining the Big 12. Of course it's speculation but why aren't we going after the SEC. They would be a great fit. This conference will never live long term if we don't add 3 more teams.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
tm3308 said:
Everybody just needs to keep calm, nothing has happened yet. It's not like there were "strong" rumors of Texas, OU, OSU, aTm, Colorado, and TT going to the Pac-10 last summer......oh wait.

Let me go get my tinfoil hat...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Last year the rumor was that Arkansas was very interested in leaving the SEC and joining the Big 12. Of course it's speculation but why aren't we going after the SEC. They would be a great fit. This conference will never live long term if we don't add 3 more teams.

Because no one in the SEC would dare leave it for a lesser conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.