Toe/squawks lose

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I normally revel in Iowa losses, but I find it hard to do so when there was a 28-point performance difference between our team and a team that's won a grand total of four games against power 5 opponents in its history.

Yes, I know every team matches up differently, every game is unique. Maybe we should suggest that Eastern Illinois has dynamic NIL support. They only lost at home against the likes of Western Illinois, Ball State and a truly amazing Alabama State team that's won one game this season against said powerhouse that defeated the Hawkeyes.

Why are we celebrating this again???

You're making it sound like Iowa played as well today as they did vs. ISU or that was a normal game for ISU.

It's not celebrating, it's just really funny after they play out of their minds for one game in December.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Perhaps we should actually play to our potential in every game including rivalry games? Naw, that's crazy talk....

Are you suggesting a college basketball team should just play to their potential every game?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
We had a bad game. Every team lays an egg here and there. One of our best teams ever lost to drake. It happens.
No this doesn't happen.

Specifically, until tonight, teams that were favored to win by 30+ points over the last 30 years were 558 wins and 0 losses.

Iowa just lost, and it wasn't close.

• Wow
Reactions: VeloClone and Jdk

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
You're making it sound like Iowa played as well today as they did vs. ISU or that was a normal game for ISU.

It's not celebrating, it's just really funny after they play out of their minds for one game in December.
I guess I just find it hard to be funny considering what happened to us there. Maybe I will feel differently later in the season.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I normally revel in Iowa losses, but I find it hard to do so when there was a 28-point performance difference between our team and a team that's won a grand total of four games against power 5 opponents in its history.

Yes, I know every team matches up differently, every game is unique. Maybe we should suggest that Eastern Illinois has dynamic NIL support. They only lost at home against the likes of Western Illinois, Ball State and a truly amazing Alabama State team that's won one game this season against said powerhouse that defeated the Hawkeyes.

Would you rather they beat us. then went on to win all the rest of their games and a Natty? Any time the haughty hok fans have to slink away with their heads down in embarressment is worth a good laugh.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

What's the downside?

Help Support Us

Become a patron