Totally Insane Iowa Stats

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Both injuries, transfers and early draft enrollees.
Transfers? Which transfers? Because you can't count CJ and tracy (whoever the other purdue one was) because fans on here and soundoff saturday night even said they would have been 4 or 5th best on the hawkeye roster.

Reactions: carvers4math

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Transfers? Which transfers? Because you can't count CJ and tracy (whoever the other purdue one was) because fans on here and soundoff saturday night even said they would have been 4 or 5th best on the hawkeye roster.
I'm talking about OL.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If their offense continues at the level of futility it has so far that defense is going to be tired out during the heart of the Big 10 schedule. Their defense and special teams look stout but if they are on the field as much as they have been so far going to run into injury and conditioning issues at some point. Has to also be demoralizing to the defense to have to carry the team like that too knowing that they could still lose the game by holding the other team to 10 points.

That's not even for sure, yet.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
The Nevada game has all the makings of a hate watch game for me.

Nevada is ranked 95th in the nation in total defense and gave up 55 to Incarnate Word (FCS) though oddly only 12 to New Mexico State and 14 to Texas State.

Iowa is ranked 9999th in total offense.

The worlds most inmoveable force meets a very moveable object. Sounds like a train wreck I might want to see

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Nevada game has all the makings of a hate watch game for me.

Nevada is ranked 95th in the nation in total defense and gave up 55 to Incarnate Word (FCS) though oddly only 12 to New Mexico State and 14 to Texas State.

Iowa is ranked 9999th in total offense.

The worlds most inmoveable force meets a very moveable object. Sounds like a train wreck I might want to see
Look above in bold to see who is ranked 9998th in offense.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Who did leave? I honestly don't know. The only out ones for Iowa that I knew were the two receivers to Purdue.
Tyler Linderbaum - Turned Pro
Kallenberger - Retired from football
Miller - Retired from football and then transferred to Nebraska
Britt - Been injured his entire time at Iowa and is out for the season again.
Jenkins - Retired from football.
Ince and Schott - Both declined to be super seniors and move on from football.

All of those guys would have been upper classmen.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tyler Linderbaum - Turned Pro
Kallenberger - Retired from football
Miller - Retired from football and then transferred to Nebraska
Britt - Been injured his entire time at Iowa and is out for the season again.
Jenkins - Retired from football.
Ince and Schott - Both declined to be super seniors and move on from football.

All of those guys would have been upper classmen.
I don't think you can really count these two since they were not expected to have 6 years of when they were recruited. That Miller one was a little different, I had heard there was some issues with a coach/s. Kallenburger......is that the one that the coach was making fun of for his learning disability?

That is a pretty long list. How many lineman does Iowa normally take in a class? Was thinking you had a huge 4 star lineman set 2 years or so ago?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't think you can really count these two since they were not expected to have 6 years of when they were recruited. That Miller one was a little different, I had heard there was some issues with a coach/s. Kallenburger......is that the one that the coach was making fun of for his learning disability?

That is a pretty long list. How many lineman does Iowa normally take in a class? Was thinking you had a huge 4 star lineman set 2 years or so ago?
We usually take 3-5 I think. Tyler Endres was a decent recruit who hasn't seen the field.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
If their offense continues at the level of futility it has so far that defense is going to be tired out during the heart of the Big 10 schedule. Their defense and special teams look stout but if they are on the field as much as they have been so far going to run into injury and conditioning issues at some point. Has to also be demoralizing to the defense to have to carry the team like that too knowing that they could still lose the game by holding the other team to 10 points.

That's not even for sure, yet.
We do know for sure that BF looks stout.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Now KF is just trolling. LOL. But his 2 deeps have never told the story of who is playing or not.
I have to think in this instance it probably does. What could Padilla possibly do in practice this week to change his mind? You’ve either decided to go with change for the sake of change at this point or not.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have to think in this instance it probably does. What could Padilla possibly do in practice this week to change his mind? You’ve either decided to go with change for the sake of change at this point or not.
I've said this before, a dad of a player who was on the team last year told me that Labia (or whatever his name is) should be starting, neither of the two that are there now, but Spence is kirks guy.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The OL classes that should be upperclassmen have been decimated and we are left with an OL that are probably a year too early for PT. Plus it seemed like the entire offseason and fall camp that no one has been healthy.

It's funny how nobody (including the local media) want to address the elephant in the room regarding Iowa's o-line.

1663009179773.png

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's funny how nobody (including the local media) want to address the elephant in the room regarding Iowa's o-line.

View attachment 102982
Soundoff after their first game, I caught a little on the way home from ours, fans were saying how they missed what Doyle gave the team and you could tell they weren't happy that he was gone.

• Wow
Reactions: carvers4math

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I've said this before, a dad of a player who was on the team last year told me that Labia (or whatever his name is) should be starting, neither of the two that are there now, but Spence is kirks guy.
I think it was somebody on Miller and Condon or one of the pods I listened to that said he’s horrible. Like needs to go FCS. So who knows?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Agreed! KF wants a NFL caliber line… NEEDS a NFL caliber line. Mediocre QB play has been around a long time at Iowa… you hit now and then with a good to great QB, and hit bad now and then too.

This is the offense Kirk wants. He just has a subpar QB… and where do you go with that? Put the backup in…. And they are the same or worse….. its a HC issue. We have heard them scream and write petitions for firing Davis, KOK, now Brian.

Iowa hasn't had a dominant line in a long time. They always have a nice piece or two but across the board it's been since like the Orange Bowl season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron