Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I'm sure Izzo would be playing his freshman if he thought they would give them a better chance to win. Just because a guy is highly rated does not mean he is ready to contribute right away.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm sure Izzo would be playing his freshman if he thought they would give them a better chance to win. Just because a guy is highly rated does not mean he is ready to contribute right away.
We (well not all of us ;)) don't know better than the coach what is going on in practice and who is getting it and who isn't. Luckily we have one of those chosen few who know better on this site to tell us (and TJ) the error of our ways.

This isn't a shot at you, @FriendlySpartan

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
No, they are not great defensively. However they scouted BYU well and they made it extremely uncomfortable for them to get good looks from 3 last night. And they are long - they are always long - which even if not as good technically, still makes it a bit more difficult to find avenues to score.
I don't think Baylor will go very far this year Maybe S16 but thats ceiling. 1st round or 2nd wouldn't suprise me. Feel like they live by the 3 too much and they aren't that tough rebounding team when they've been in past. I don't think they're a contender hopefully this doesn't burn me too bad in March

Reactions: Statefan10

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Just asking but whose minutes should Fears be taking? Maybe Tre's? Sure isn't going to cut into Hoggard's, Akin's or Walker's..

For Booker, it's just so hard to come in as a freshman big and produce right away. Owen Freeman is because there's no one else in front of him and credit to him for shining as he has. Idk. You certainly know more than I do about Michigan State, but if these guys aren't doing well in practice against the upperclassmen, they're not going to play much in games. There's probably a lot more to the story though that I'm missing.
Well fears got shot over Xmas break so that’s a non issue. Booker should be plying over mady and cooper, Carr should be 6-7th man filling in when hall or Akins needs a breather.

Honestly hoggard shouldn’t be getting mins right now he’s just costing us games.

The main issue is that the guys the freshman aren’t getting time for are playing like crap, Izzo raves every loss about the freshman promising more mins becuase anyone with eyes can see they are better. He’s just lost it as a coach. He’s 70, it happens, still wouldn’t trade the last 20+ years but his time is nearing its end.

Reactions: Statefan10

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
If Izzo goes, who is your guy?
I mean your coach is the best in cbb right now but doubt he’s a candidate. Oats would be the most likely, dude won’t even let a little thing like murder stop him.

I really wish Izzo had brought back more former players to get spots on the bench to take over but there isn’t a successor in the house.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
You'd be against an average former Cyclone being involved?
If a legend like George Niang or Naz Long was in town and chimed in, that would be pretty cool and would be all for it. If it was a Connor McCaffery-esque former player like Brady Ernst, then it would be really weird.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
If Connie was in that meeting…..both he and Franny are effin more stupid than they appear….. and that’s way out there!

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
If it truly was supposed to be a "players only meeting" then Fran should have nothing to do with it. Maybe Pat invited him.
It’s criminal how Fran stole scholarship money for those 2 boys….neither should have played in a P6 conference,…. But now that I think of it……that BB program barely qualifies as P6

• Creative
Reactions: 1776

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If a legend like George Niang or Naz Long was in town and chimed in, that would be pretty cool and would be all for it. If it was a Connor McCaffery-esque former player like Brady Ernst, then it would be really weird.
I love tribalism. It's fascinating and unavoidable.