TURNER A NO GO (Official)

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
A coach can sign an extension and still go to another team. The contract means nothing. I will say that Gill doesn't seem to be the type that would ever do that though.

I agree with this. From what I hear Gill is a very loyal man. Hell, he's a midwest guy, that certainly bodes well for his character, as generally midwest people are good people.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
his Agent said he cannot say there is no chance that Turner will not be in Ames. So their is still a chance of Turner accepting the position (if we offer). He also mentioned, there has been an extension offered to Turner, but not signed. So although the smoke is Turner Gill will not take a job at ISU, I would not rule out hope.

So you're saying there's a chance...

a_chance.jpeg

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I agree with this. From what I hear Gill is a very loyal man. Hell, he's a midwest guy, that certainly bodes well for his character, as generally midwest people are good people.

He's actually a Texan but he's spent the better part of his adult life in the Midwest.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I don't care if Gill turned us down and stays at Buffalo, move on and talk about stuff that matters.

CyBelieve

Aug 5, 2006
Ankeny
Turn 'em off! They know so little that they can't even come up with other coaches who are interested (or we are interested in us). They have one show and that is to **** off as many as possible! TURN THEM OFF!

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
starting to understand the M&M hate...

LOL yep, I was waiting for the minute I had to turn it off.

Usually I dont mind Miller, but the whole "soften the schedule or they wont win a game argument is complete bs:no::no:

Maybe they should invite ClonetotheBone on air with them..:mask:

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
First time I've ever listened to them... clicking red X in upper right hand corner of screen now... and we're done.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
You know, whoever we end up getting as our next HC I hope he comes in and makes major noise (as I'm sure all of us do). I would love to shove all of this back in the face of a lot of people (M&M included). If we were to shock the world and get 7,8,9 wins in 2010,11 we'd make all the doubters eat crow.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Is Marty really this big of a ******* moron in real life? I hope for his sake that he isn't.

I LOVED it when they were talking to the Buffalo beat writer and Marty said something stupid like "Gill turned down Iowa State's number one choice it was his job to be had" and the beat writer said "really, how do you know that? they haven't even talked yet".

I haven't listened much lately and after a coach is hired, I won't listen again. I'm tired of the bad shock jock radio...

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
You know, whoever we end up getting as our next HC I hope he comes in and makes major noise (as I'm sure all of us do). I would love to shove all of this back in the face of a lot of people (M&M included). If we were to shock the world and get 7,8,9 wins in 2010,11 we'd make all the doubters eat crow.
And if my Aunt had balls...

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I LOVED it when they were talking to the Buffalo beat writer and Marty said something stupid like "Gill turned down Iowa State's number one choice it was his job to be had" and the beat writer said "really, how do you know that? they haven't even talked yet".

I caught that too. Priceless.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Is Marty really this big of a ******* moron in real life? I hope for his sake that he isn't.

I haven't listened much lately and after a coach is hired, I won't listen again. I'm tired of the bad shock jock radio...
Yeah, that was fun.