TURNER A NO GO (Official)

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Anyone consider the possibility that Turner Gill wants to stay in Buffalo and take them a step further? I know that isn't the norm, but if he decides to stay because of how he feels about what he has accomplished thus far and wants to do more then I give him mega props.

We certainly didn't get that with Chizik.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
lol... M&M are so full of ****. we are all in denial because Turner gill "turned jamie pollard down" lol. im sure they have a really reliable source... great to listen to this homers. just make me hate the hawks more!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Re: M&M Interview of Gill's Attorney

Besides the fact that they were trying to get him to tell them ISU is a bad place to coach.

zimman18

Apr 7, 2006
www.drinkingrisk.com
I still think this whole Turner Gill situation is fishy... I could understand choosing Buffalo over ISU if no money was involved, but I'm thinking if Pollard offered (which he may not have) it would have been $1 mil +. If Pollard didn't offer, he has a better canidate in mind.

This whole situation reminds me of when we hired Chizik... everyone starts to get down, and than Pollard pulls off a "WOW" hire.

Something very strange is going on... just not sure what.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I still think this whole Turner Gill situation is fishy... I could understand choosing Buffalo over ISU if no money was involved, but I'm thinking if Pollard offered (which he may not have) it would have been $1 mil +. If Pollard didn't offer, he has a better canidate in mind.

This whole situation reminds me of when we hired Chizik... everyone starts to get down, and than Pollard pulls off a "WOW" hire.

Something very strange is going on... just not sure what.

I have that exact same feeling, i wont believe anything until JP or the coach actually says something.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
This article pretty much puts an end to it:

Turner Gill not in running for ISU opening | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

"I'm going to be here at the University at Buffalo," Gill told the Associated Press after practice. "I've given you my word, I've given my football team our word that I will be the football coach in 2009 at the University at Buffalo."

Someone needs to tell Turner not to be so specific with his promises. What if the Penn State job were to open up tomorrow and they offered him $3 million?

So he'd rather make $300K next year at Buffalo than come to ISU and make 5 times that. If that's truly the case, I would question his judgment, and we might be better off without him.

Spider

Dec 16, 2008
This article pretty much puts an end to it:

Turner Gill not in running for ISU opening | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

"I'm going to be here at the University at Buffalo," Gill told the Associated Press after practice. "I've given you my word, I've given my football team our word that I will be the football coach in 2009 at the University at Buffalo."

Someone needs to tell Turner not to be so specific with his promises. What if the Penn State job were to open up tomorrow and they offered him $3 million?

So he'd rather make $300K next year at Buffalo than come to ISU and make 5 times that. If that's truly the case, I would question his judgment, and we might be better off without him.

Wow, what a piece of work. How dare he turn down Iowa State!!! :rolleyes5cz: You'd be better off without him?? So this guy, puts his team, his promise to these kids, ahead of money.....and you'd be better off without him?? It's obvious you know zero about Turner as a person. He's not looking for a payday. He's very spiritual, and true to his word. If God/his heart tells him Buffalo is where he should be right now...that's where he'll be. And money wouldn't change that. He's got class and loyalty. You'd be lucky to get someone like that.

Last edited:

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Wow, what a piece of work. How dare he turn down Iowa State!!! :rolleyes5cz: You'd be better off without him?? So this guy, puts his team, his promise to these kids, ahead of money.....and you'd be better off without him?? It's obvious you know zero about Turner as a person. He's not looking for a payday. He's very spiritual, and true to his word. If God/his heart tells him Buffalo is where he should be right now...that's where he'll be. And money wouldn't change that. He's got class and loyalty. You'd be lucky to get someone like that.
Yet another person that pops in to give their 2 cents like anyone thats on here frequently cares. At this point Im starting to wonder how many new users we have been "blessed" with in the past few days.

Reactions: kingcy

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006
Yet another person that pops in to give their 2 cents like anyone thats on here frequently cares. At this point Im starting to wonder how many new users we have been "blessed" with in the past few days.
He made a good point... actually a great point. Too bad you think his post number makes his opinion not count.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
He made a good point... actually a great point. Too bad you think his post number makes his opinion not count.
Dont get me started on your opinions. Is Gameday still coming to Ames?
And actually, I never said anything about my opinion of what he had to say. For what its worth, I could care less, Im tired of the one and done posters.

Last edited:

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
i don't get it, should a high post count make someone more right...in your case in isn'th helping. TG is following through on a promise, kinda reminds you of a guy that just screwed us over...except in the exact opposite way.

Good luck Gill.

j

Reactions: Cyclonick182

Help Support Us

Become a patron