Tyrese Hunter Enters Portal Again

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think a lot of it could be fit and I'm OK with that. By now, we've seen the success of guys that buy in and operate as a team. If Tyrese didn't want to do that or value that as his priority, that's his right and his loss of fan support.
I don't and have never bought his NIL comments. Never have, never will.

The 'I didn't do it for NIL' ones?

Yeah I'm not accepting the 'they paid me a ton more but I hadn't really thought about it' take.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Yeah I'm not accepting the 'they paid me a ton more but I hadn't really thought about it' take.
Yeah I don't buy that at all. I assume his handler, wasn't it a brother, probably just steered him towards highest bid.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

The OG of that take is Cam Newton back when it paying players was still illegal. He didn't know his dad took 250K for him to go to Auburn, he just happened to go there anyway. Crazy coincidence that allowed for Auburn to play a season of pro football with no consequences.

Reactions: VeloClone

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
They did (how I found out about them). They’re out there somewhere. Cyclone Larry likely has some responses to those.
There isn’t. You’re making **** up. He had the smoke tweet, and he tweeted something when Texas football beat ISU. That’s it. And if you’re still upset about that, then you’re soft as Charmin.

The guy went through brutal hardships growing up, wanted to get paid, like thousands do every day at their jobs.

CW has insinuated that there’s more to the story, and maybe there is, but until that comes out, it’s time to get over it.

Reactions: Cyclad

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The OG of that take is Cam Newton back when it paying players was still illegal. He didn't know his dad took 250K for him to go to Auburn, he just happened to go there anyway. Crazy coincidence that allowed for Auburn to play a season of pro football with no consequences.
That, with his dad being a preacher, was great.
IIRC as soon as Cam enrolled at Auburn, the Church had an influx of cash.

• Agree

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
There isn’t. You’re making **** up. He had the smoke tweet, and he tweeted something when Texas football beat ISU. That’s it. And if you’re still upset about that, then you’re soft as Charmin.

The guy went through brutal hardships growing up, wanted to get paid, like thousands do every day at their jobs.

CW has insinuated that there’s more to the story, and maybe there is, but until that comes out, it’s time to get over it.
Yikes. Touched a nerve.

Has nothing to do with the smoke tweet; that was all started by Gabe. For the record, I have no issue with Hunter transferring, he got paid, ran into an unfortunate coaching change and now looking for another opportunity. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: MTCyclone43

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Fan how you want to fan. Boo him or don’t, I don’t really care.

But Tyrese also alluded to wanting to be at a place that valued culture after committing to Texas. 2 months later his coach who preached culture was arrested for abusing his wife.

I have zero issue with a guy leaving, especially one who comes from his background.

But he absolutely torched bridges on his way out and openly **** on our school. People who try and protect him weird me out. He brought it on himself.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty

But Tyrese also alluded to wanting to be at a place that valued culture after committing to Texas. 2 months later his coach who preached culture was arrested for abusing his wife.

I have zero issue with a guy leaving, especially one who comes from his background.

But he absolutely torched bridges on his way out and openly **** on our school. People who try and protect him weird me out. He brought it on himself.
Wasn't his wife. They were living in sin.

• Wow

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

I'm personally not protecting Tyrese, I just legitimately don't know how he "torched bridges" or did anything that bad. I was never rooting for Tyrese after he left. There is still enough pettiness in me that I take some pleasure that he left and it didn't turn out so well for him and we are doing great without him. I just don't hate the guy and act like he did ISU dirty like some seem to think. I'm sure he doesn't like ISU, but the way our fans went after him on social media I don't blame him. I still have yet to see any proof that he did anything that bad. The fake photo shop is the worst thing I've seen.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm personally not protecting Tyrese, I just legitimately don't know how he "torched bridges" or did anything that bad. I was never rooting for Tyrese after he left. There is still enough pettiness in me that I take some pleasure that he left and it didn't turn out so well for him and we are doing great without him. I just don't hate the guy and act like he did ISU dirty like some seem to think. I'm sure he doesn't like ISU, but the way our fans went after him on social media I don't blame him. I still have yet to see any proof that he did anything that bad. The fake photo shop is the worst thing I've seen.

1000010355.jpg

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
If a kid has the potential to play professionally, even in Europe, college years should be seen primarily as an opportunity to learn their craft, improve their skills. A good investment there can pay big down the line. Maybe not for guys like Halliburton and Lebron, but for more average NBA players.
What is the earning potential of a high level European pro? I don't follow that. I'd guess if you could average over $125K (I bet it is kind if pricey living an international life) that would be a nice living and let you put some away. I just don't know what they make.

AND, isn't this just a tale of now money vs. long term investment that MULTIPLE Billions of people have gambled on for millennia? It is too bad and I hate to see the waste of good talent and I really wished Tyrese could have done better and could have done that with us. He was a great story.

Let's just hope he got the weighty bag some people thought he got and his advisors were as good at investing as they were at whispering in his ear. If they were, he could do worse in life. Most of us had nothing or, less than nothing, getting out of college. Imagine having a 10 year head start on that in the bank.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Posters keep giving vague examples without posting any of his comments or posts. Please post the receipts.
We've had Hunter threads like this before and posts like yours and the most I can recall is some **** talking he did to Gabe that Gabe wasn't going to make public?
And Chris, staff, etc probably know the real details but as professionals it seems like the truth hasn't leaked and that says a lot about them being trustworthy.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I’m pretty ambivalent towards TH leaving for the big pay day. With his early life and the NBA not being a sure thing, that was life changing money for him. Trash talk between him and his ex-teammates is one thing.

If it weren’t for the bag I’d kinda feel sorry for him. You think you’re leaving to be coached by Chris Beard, and you end up with Rodney Terry as your fearless leader? Poor little buddy.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Agree! If that was the offer on the table...he had to take it (if it wasn't anywhere close to what ISU was offering)! There were no guarantees either way of future NBA type money so I would suggest he made the right choice. Good for him at that time and now he can second guess himself if he chooses to but he made the decision that he felt OK with at that moment. I have no idea...was he happy at ISU? Not all kids feel the same way about every environment. I am not going to clown on the guy because I really don't care...hope things work out for him because they seem to have worked out alright for ISU!

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Incredible that Hunter team made the sweet 16. Hunter, Caleb Grill and Tristan Enaruna all saw major minutes in that Wisconsin game. Jaz Kunc was great but his game was a bit limited. George Conditt Jr. Brockington and Kalscheur. TJ has done an incredible job upgrading the overall talent on the roster year over year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron