UNI Football..

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Confident we win. Going into last year I was very concerned going into uni game. This being year 2 now and good pieces coming back I feel good. I have confidence in this staff.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
What kind of qb is Dunne? Wondering what to expect from UNI's offense.
That's a good question. Eli is pocket passer and a very good one since his Grinnell high school days. He is not a dual threat and some Panther fan's concerns are that Farley will attempt to make him one. He gave the UNI faithful a little optimism late last season, but he did it with his arm and not by optioning.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My first experience at a UNI game was in 2001, when Seneca ran all over them and we won 45-0. I thought that was normal. But 10-year-old Cyched had no idea what was in store for him.

Can't find the source right now, but I know UNI beat ISU at least once in the 90's...sadly a couple of times UNI was just simply better. Last year neither team was very good.

I was at the 2003 game and ISU won but it was clear things had fallen off from the Seneca era.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
They obviously were not ready to play last year but CMC will have them focused for this one. Cyclones win 38-17.

Yea I dont think it was that they didn't have them ready I think they just had no clue what they thought they had..New staff..all new system on both sides..Best lineman goes down and we had 4 other OL who had never played together and / or taken a snap in a cfball game. Basically first game for staff and first real called game for Tom Manning etc..people can say oh those are excuses..yes they are.

Along with 3 turnover in last 4 possessions and lost by 1. With the exception of a couple fresh OL in 2 deep this year opens completely opposite..

I will always go into this game worried but I'm gonna believe the foundation has been laid and culture change is in effect. With the exception of some key players a lot of this team is CMC players albeit young. I'm predicting we see a big 12 fball team walk out of the tunnel and play like one.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy and CTTB78

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Yea I dont think it was that they didn't have them ready I think they just had no clue what they thought they had...

Agree with your post. I unfortunately was thinking about the two kids colliding in our backfield when saying they were not ready to play. Not saying it was a coaching staff issue. They were all learning and for the most part had it down by the end of year.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
Agree with your post. I unfortunately was thinking about the two kids colliding in our backfield when saying they were not ready to play. Not saying it was a coaching staff issue. They were all learning and for the most part had it down by the end of year.
Warren and ryen?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Can't agree on it being what dictates the rest of the season.

Disagree.

Last year, I posted an eloquent history of what happens when ISU loses or wins a close game vs UNI. It's actually a very good barometer of how things will go.

Roughly (since too lazy to find old post):
lose or close win = terrible, 2-3 win season
win by 1-2 TD = bad, 4-5 win season
win by 20+ = decent to good, bowling or better

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Disagree.

Last year, I posted an eloquent history of what happens when ISU loses or wins a close game vs UNI. It's actually a very good barometer of how things will go.

Roughly (since too lazy to find old post):
lose or close win = terrible, 2-3 win season
win by 1-2 TD = bad, 4-5 win season
win by 20+ = decent to good, bowling or better
We beat them 31-7 a few years ago and went 3-9.

Reactions: ATCy

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
There can be outliers. I think generally he is correct though. I am not worried about this year. I think we are bowling. 20+ point win and the young kids get to play.
Hope you are correct. My UNI source says they will be much improved over last year. I think we will be too. I expect a hard fought 7-10 point win. Hate games like that. I expect to be nervous well into the 4th quarter.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
There was a lot of coaching turmoil in Cedar Falls this year. Lots of new assistant coaches. It may not make much of a difference because Farley coaches everything anyway.

The big difference for UNI is going to be an experienced pocket QB. Their season turned around last year when Dunne came in. It was like a different team and a different playbook. And they executed pretty well all things considered.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
IMO squeaking out a win won't be a good sign for the rest of the season. These guys need to know what it's like to go out there and beat the **** out of a team and get the feel good vibes rolling. A winning attitude is contagious and a convincing win would help from a mental standpoint going into the Iowa game. I actually think we handle UNI in a pretty convincing way this year. We have way too many weapons on offense and unless we have a bunch of weird turnovers I just don't see UNI being able to keep it close.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
IMO squeaking out a win won't be a good sign for the rest of the season. These guys need to know what it's like to go out there and beat the **** out of a team and get the feel good vibes rolling. A winning attitude is contagious and a convincing win would help from a mental standpoint going into the Iowa game. I actually think we handle UNI in a pretty convincing way this year. We have way too many weapons on offense and unless we have a bunch of weird turnovers I just don't see UNI being able to keep it close.
I agree with ya, our oline was terrible early on but a year under this system will have them ready

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron