UNI Football..

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
ISU should be more talented across the board but as I've said the UNI style of play has given ISU fits for years.

In the past, UNI's small quick defensive fronts have always given us fits. Their d-lineman have had success beating us with quickness and just maintaining gap assignment because they could get there before our slow o-lineman were even out of their stance. In 2013 I remember Dagel and Gannon getting absolutely smoked at the point of attack.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
In the past, UNI's small quick defensive fronts have always given us fits. Their d-lineman have had success beating us with quickness and just maintaining gap assignment because they could get there before our slow o-lineman were even out of their stance. In 2013 I remember Dagel and Gannon getting absolutely smoked at the point of attack.
That's when the oc needs to be smart enough to call a counter

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That's when the oc needs to be smart enough to call a counter

Correct. And they will bring their LBs a TON too. That's when you have your TE release on a quick hitter over the middle right to where the LBs vacated from. That one drives me insane. It should just be an automatic hot read by the TE and the QB. If the LBs come on a blitz, then that immediately becomes the play, overriding whatever was called.

Coaching can beat a lot of this stuff.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Correct. And they will bring their LBs a TON too. That's when you have your TE release on a quick hitter over the middle right to where the LBs vacated from. That one drives me insane. It should just be an automatic hot read by the TE and the QB. If the LBs come on a blitz, then that immediately becomes the play, overriding whatever was called.

Coaching can beat a lot of this stuff.
I don't think Rhoads ever gave anyone the green light to make decisions on the field. If he did they sure seemed scared to do anything in the heat of the moment.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This comment got me thinking so I looked at the game logs back to the 40's before I stopped.

I only found one victory by over 40 points(2001). I didn't find any over 50.

Yeah, it's not like ISU beating UNI has ever been some sort of given.

The hindsight has become quite a deal around here...some even seem to think because CMC was decent at Toledo that he's the next Buckeye coach.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron