Universities start June 2nd

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Can we not clump together 15 guys and say they under performed or over performed. Also, can we look at the age of our guys verse the age of the Iowa wrestlers.

I don't know that anyone is arguing too much about an individual over or underperforming at this tournament. I think the issue is that even the guys who had "good" or "solid" or "great" tournaments didn't get on the podium. They wrestled at or above their abilities and it still wasn't good enough.

I don't know what this means but since you asked:

6th
Hall (jr)

DNP
Boston (RS fr)
Simmons (fr)
Meeks (RS jr)
Wesley (fr)
Briceno (RS so)
Straw (fr)
RRS (RS fr)
Deblasi (fr)
Breitenbach (RS fr)
Enzel (fr)
Swalla (fr)
Strickland (RS So)
Egli (RS So)
Harrington (RS Fr)

Iowa
1st
Meyer (RS jr)
2nd
Sorensen (RS So)
Paddock (RS Fr)
Brooks (RS Jr)
3rd
Kemerer (Fr)
6th
Laux (Rs So)
8th
Wilcke (Fr)

DNP
Perez (Fr)
Meyer (Fr)
Ryan (Rs Fr)
Moody (Fr)
McQuillen (Rs So)
Bowman (Rs Fr)
Holloway (Fr)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't know that anyone is arguing too much about an individual over or underperforming at this tournament. I think the issue is that even the guys who had "good" or "solid" or "great" tournaments didn't get on the podium. They wrestled at or above their abilities and it still wasn't good enough.

6th
Hall (jr)

DNP
Boston (RS fr)
Simmons (fr)
Meeks (RS jr)
Wesley (fr)
Briceno (RS so)
Straw (fr)
RRS (RS fr)
Deblasi (fr)
Breitenbach (RS fr)
Enzel (fr)
Swalla (fr)
Strickland (RS So)
Egli (RS So)
Harrington (RS Fr)

Iowa
1st
Meyer (RS jr)
2nd
Sorensen (RS So)
Paddock (RS Fr)
Brooks (RS Jr)
3rd
Kemerer (Fr)
6th
Laux (Rs So)
8th
Wilcke (Fr)

DNP
Perez (Fr)
Meyer (Fr)
Ryan (Rs Fr)
Moody (Fr)
McQuillen (Rs So)
Bowman (Rs Fr)
Holloway (Fr)

Thanks NE, I feel better now after seeing your posts listing the grades behind them. A lot of freshmen that went.

lionnusmb

Dec 30, 2008
Ankeny, IA

6th
Hall (jr)

DNP
Boston (RS fr)
Simmons (fr)
Meeks (RS jr)
Wesley (fr)
Briceno (RS so)
Straw (fr)
RRS (RS fr)
Deblasi (fr)
Breitenbach (RS fr)
Enzel (fr)
Swalla (fr)
Strickland (RS So)
Egli (RS So)
Harrington (RS Fr)

Iowa
1st
Meyer (RS jr)
2nd
Sorensen (RS So)
Paddock (RS Fr)
Brooks (RS Jr)
3rd
Kemerer (Fr)
6th
Laux (Rs So)
8th
Wilcke (Fr)

DNP
Perez (Fr)
Meyer (Fr)
Ryan (Rs Fr)
Moody (Fr)
McQuillen (Rs So)
Bowman (Rs Fr)
Holloway (Fr)

And now the world is right side up again. For a while I was quite confused.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
man....you are a piece of work. Take responsibilities for your actions.

On the contrary, YOU'RE the piece of work. Hiding behind your sissy *** screen name, pretending to know my son and/or what he's been through. How about this? Instead of talking **** about him on this forum while hiding behind some stupid *** screen name, how about you talk all of this **** to his face? How about that? You're nothing but a blowhard punk.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
On the contrary, YOU'RE the piece of work. Hiding behind your sissy *** screen name, pretending to know my son and/or what he's been through. How about this? Instead of talking **** about him on this forum while hiding behind some stupid *** screen name, how about you talk all of this **** to his face? How about that? You're nothing but a blowhard punk.

Just ignore him. He's an obvious flamer. No need to prove yourself to him or anyone else. These replies do not paint you in a good light.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Just ignore him. He's an obvious flamer. No need to prove yourself to him or anyone else. These replies do not paint you in a good light.

Who said that I was trying to prove anything to anyone, especially to myself? If you choose to sit back and allow a complete stranger to talk **** about YOUR son, that's up to you. However, nobody tells me how to handle an ******** that continues to talk **** about my son! I haven't sat back and allowed it for the past 18 years, and I'm not going to start now. And, I am just like Trump; I counter punch and I'm far from politically correct. So, I could care less about the paint or the light. I just wish these cowards that hide behind bogus screen names would have the courage to say their **** to Pat's face.

Last edited:

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I just wish these cowards that hide behind bogus screen names would have the courage to say their **** to Pat's face.
I don't think people were talking trash about Pat. Comments were directed at you. You are the one on the forums blasting excuses.

Not that I or anyone else I saw was talking trash about PD3, but I'd like to play out your scenario a little further. What would PD3 do if someone talked trash to his face. Surely he wouldn't react violently. He must be smart enough to not want to throw away all the second chances he's received just because some internet moron says something mean to him.

NEICyFan - Not sure why you're looking out for this guy. Look how he responds when you're trying to help him out.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Who said that I was trying to prove anything to anyone, especially to myself? If you choose to sit back and allow a complete stranger to talk **** about YOUR son, that's up to you. However, nobody tells me how to handle an ******** that continues to talk **** about my son! I haven't sat back and allowed it for the past 18 years, and I'm not going to start now. And, I am just like Trump; I counter punch and I'm far from politically correct. So, I could care less about the paint or the light. I just wish these cowards that hide behind bogus screen names would have the courage to say their **** to Pat's face.

It's the internet. It isn't serious business. Again, these replies are not helping; only making it worse. He's baiting you and you're falling for it--hook, line and sinker. What someone says online has ZERO effect on P2, P3, P10, whomever.

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines
It's the internet. It isn't serious business. Again, these replies are not helping; only making it worse. He's baiting you and you're falling for it--hook, line and sinker. What someone says online has ZERO effect on P2, P3, P10, whomever.
You are the cake man, a special kinda troll you are. Any one new to the board it's simple look at the post history of the people on the board and you'll quickly figure out who the Cyclone fans are. NEI pantherhawk is definitely a troll.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
I don't think people were talking trash about Pat. Comments were directed at you. You are the one on the forums blasting excuses.

Not that I or anyone else I saw was talking trash about PD3, but I'd like to play out your scenario a little further. What would PD3 do if someone talked trash to his face. Surely he wouldn't react violently. He must be smart enough to not want to throw away all the second chances he's received just because some internet moron says something mean to him.

NEICyFan - Not sure why you're looking out for this guy. Look how he responds when you're trying to help him out.

Learn to read. Yep, that's what I do, BLAST EXCUSES. Can't put anything past you. Dude, you're just another pathetic troll. And, FYI, PD3 might challenge them to wrestling match or maybe even a cage fight. I hope that satisfies your curiosity.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
You are the cake man, a special kinda troll you are. Any one new to the board it's simple look at the post history of the people on the board and you'll quickly figure out who the Cyclone fans are. NEI pantherhawk is definitely a troll.

So me trying to help Mr. Downey makes me a troll? Odd.

I will reply with pretty much the same reply I give you and others every time: tell me where I'm wrong.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Sleep tight; trolls, haters, baiters, etc., for none of you are world shakers. While your frisky fingers are busy at the keyboards, my boy is changing time zones in a jet airplane...still chasing his dreams. Good night.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hope 3 had a great experience. Wrestling good competition will make him better win or lose. Have him keep pushing himself, the isu fans here like to see the guys get these shots.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron