Vaughn and McBuckets tearing it up tonight

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
"It's a blast," Bulls second-year man Doug McDermott said of the new Hoiberg system. "He makes it fun. He makes it a lot of fun for us. We just move the ball real well, real unselfish, get open looks. He's not going to pull you out if you [take] a bad shot. It's one of those deals where he just lets you play your game."

Good stuff.

He'd have let him play his game at ISU as well.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Think they can play Mirotic and McDermott together?

Most coaches wouldn't for D as someone else mentioned but I think Fred may try it. It's really crazy how big a change they made, Butler developing as a better offensive player makes the personnel less of an issue than I'd have thought a few years ago. McD may or may not end up a solid NBA player, but he will at least really get a chance now in a better system for him. I'm curious to see how the rest of Mirotic's game goes in his second year outside of shooting.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
It will be fun to watch the Bulls again. Thibodeau is a good Coach, but is a process and effort guy with no creativity especially offensively. He also seemed reticent to take any input and play young players. Credit him with Butler developing, but it makes you wonder if maybe he even held him back a bit. We'll never know.

I hope Noah can fit, as I am a fan of his fire and competitiveness. I am doubtful, but if anyone can get him going it would be Fred.

Really cheering for Hoiberg to do well, and it won't hurt to have Iowa State being said every Bulls game. It will raise the profile of our program.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It will be fun to watch the Bulls again. Thibodeau is a good Coach, but is a process and effort guy with no creativity especially offensively. He also seemed reticent to take any input and play young players. Credit him with Butler developing, but it makes you wonder if maybe he even held him back a bit. We'll never know.

I hope Noah can fit, as I am a fan of his fire and competitiveness. I am doubtful, but if anyone can get him going it would be Fred.

Really cheering for Hoiberg to do well, and it won't hurt to have Iowa State being said every Bulls game. It will raise the profile of our program.

Butler developed under Thibs because he was a defensive stud from day one, a guy like McD is kind of the opposite.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Noah shoots it like a tennis player.

Quit insulting Yannick, he may have a better shot.:smile:

Every time I think McBuckets, I think about Baylor shutting him down basically until garbage time. I suppose it is different on an NBA team where there is more talent to guard than Creighton, but this is the Bulls. :spinny:

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
bulls fans judge noah on his ability to score but ignore all the good things that he does. about 30 teams will gladly take him off your hands.

None of the Bulls fans I hang out with judge Noah for his scoring. We all love his rebounding and how hard he plays. A laugh will be let out when he shoots a 10 footer tho.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yikes Bulls second preseason game and halfway into 2nd quarter they are getting outscored 24-3 in the quarter.