VB: ISU opens BIG 12 play at Texas

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
image_handler.aspx

Maybe we could have a thread about actual sports on CF today?

Game at 7
on Longhorn Network, :-(

Live stats here: https://texassports.com/sidearmstats/wvball/summary

Do we have a shot?

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Guess we'll see what Brandt can do tonight with Piper on concussion protocol. Izzy gets another chance at libero as Schuler joined Piper with a concussion in Iowa City.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
texas 9 - 1 in first set....yowsa.... 3 hitting errors, 1 block error, and 1 receiving error. 1/2 the points are errors....

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Not ideal as we finally settled into a nice rotation, but I’m sure CJL is comfortable with Izzy and Jenna starting. @ Texas isn’t the best place for it though. We’ll see how this goes.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
They gave it the good fight, hanging tough in four set loss. Announcers couldnt say enough about how well ISU passed. Yet that should have been what we were missing most with Piper and Michal out. Hmmmm. It will be jnteresting to see what CJL does with the lineup after those two get back.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I subscribed to ESPN+ just for this match because it said it would be on that and the longhorn network. Didn't see it but against TX with two starters out and you take a set. Ok we go again!

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
They gave it the good fight, hanging tough in four set loss. Announcers couldnt say enough about how well ISU passed. Yet that should have been what we were missing most with Piper and Michal out. Hmmmm. It will be jnteresting to see what CJL does with the lineup after those two get back.
Schuler's receiving and passing had rightfully earned her to be libero prior to last night and she likely remains there when she is able to play again. I watched last night's match and I don't see where a starting lineup change at libero or setter is justified despite both Enna and Brandt (after a very shaky start) playing well.

Texas has perhaps their most physically gifted team ever and once they all get healthy and cohesive, they are going to be even more difficult to beat. They made some adjustments on Eleanor after the 2nd set last night and that tipped the advantage some to Texas in sets 3 and 4 even with Herbst, Hatch, Rhodes and Cande posting some good kill numbers.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm anxious to see how the season plays out.
Encouraged by the competitive play against Texas, but the perception about the program has certainly changed: reading about the match on the ISU VB twitter page and on cyclones.com, you'd think we had won...

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'm anxious to see how the season plays out.
Encouraged by the competitive play against Texas, but the perception about the program has certainly changed: reading about the match on the ISU VB twitter page and on cyclones.com, you'd think we had won...

what seems to have been a plague of this program the last few seasons, is getting stuck in a bad rotation, and giving up big runs, is what killed them at Texas. They started like 0 - 5, 1 - 10 or something in the 1st set, and gave up a 8 or 9 point run when they were leading late in the 3rd to lose the 3rd set.

Help Support Us

Become a patron