Voices from the stands: TCU game

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Thought I'd start this up as I enjoyed listening to a couple older gentlemen behind me in section K who were very seriously discussing the idea of Iowa State going to the MAC for football-only because "this is a good football team but we just can't compete with these teams."

I also didn't hear this guy speak but I liked watching the TCU fan that was near the middle of their section who was extremely animated for the entire game... Looked like he enjoyed his time in the tailgate lots!

Anything else good this week?

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I enjoyed the whiners and quitters who left after 3 quarters so I could have a clear road home after the game.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Not from the stands, but the color guy on the TV broadcast calling Bundrage Bumbridge the whole game.

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I enjoyed the whiners and quitters who left after 3 quarters so I could have a clear road home after the game.

You mean the people who are fed up with crap football? People are sick of losing and rarely being competitive. It kills a fan base.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
And then you drove home real proud.

No I did not. I hate the result as much as anyone. But there are a bunch of kids out there doing their best. We are going to need them giving their best effort in upcoming years. There's always time for self-indulgence after the final gun.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
No I did not. I hate the result as much as anyone. But there are a bunch of kids out there doing their best. We are going to need them giving their best effort in upcoming years. There's always time for self-indulgence after the final gun.

yea but not enough in the big 12

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Someone barfed up some cheese fries outside the women's bathroom. They looked like cheese fries, but I can't be sure.

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
There was a guy in section 8, wearing Cyclone gear, bashing the clones during the 1st Quarter!! After TCU gained like 8 yards on a bubble screen he yelled "And that's how you run a WR screen!!"

Then a guy just in the next section turned to him and yelled back "Hey, *******, the TCU section is over there (pointing to their section), either shut the **** up or get the **** over there." He was quiet the rest of the night.

That was the most exciting thing in our section other then some rumblings of storming the field after the first quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
There was a guy in section 8, wearing Cyclone gear, bashing the clones during the 1st Quarter!! After TCU gained like 8 yards on a bubble screen he yelled "And that's how you run a WR screen!!"

Then a guy just in the next section turned to him and yelled back "Hey, *******, the TCU section is over there (pointing to their section), either shut the **** up or get the **** over there." He was quiet the rest of the night.

That was the most exciting thing in our section other then some rumblings of storming the field after the first quarter.

Needed that guy in game thread,

Last edited by a moderator:

DollaDollaBill

Mar 2, 2010
CR
Had a kid pass out on me. His buddy called his dad and his dad had to come get him and take him home. Also enjoyed the guy by me who thought Lazard was playing defense til about the 3rd qtr when he realized Lazard was on the bench and that we had two #5s

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I heard somebody yell "At least we didn't get embarrassed like KSU did today!"
It came from my couch. Ok yeah, it was me. I said it to my GF and TV.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I heard somebody yell "At least we didn't get embarrassed like KSU did today!"
It came from my couch. Ok yeah, it was me. I said it to my GF and TV.

That's funny because as the game wore on I was thinking the same thing.....at least its something that both KU and ISU fans can agree on.........

KSU getting PUNKED by OU at Bill Snyder family stadium with Old and I do mean Old Billy Bob Snyder standin' on the sidelines......lol

kcyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I heard throw it up to Lazard at least 10 times

I was one of these guys. By far our most productive play was Lazard actually catching it or drawing a pass interference penalty. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
Watching from my couch too when my two and a half year old granddaughter came up to me and pleaded: " C'mon grandpa, let's play ring around the rosy!" Her favorite game.

I thought, wait a minute, that's what the Clones are doing - you know, "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down".

So I joined her, and them. It was more fun that way!

God, this season sucks.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We counted the number of times the guy with the big fake beard was on the jumbotron. 7 in the first quarter! The quarter was long, but not that long!

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
We counted the number of times the guy with the big fake beard was on the jumbotron. 7 in the first quarter! The quarter was long, but not that long!

I've been trying to figure out what his costume is all season. At first, I thought it was some sort of ZZ Top and Slash hybrid. At this point I've given up. At least my kids got a 2nd showing of their Twitter pic on the board so they could see it (and quit bugging me about all game; I have AT&T, less than stellar coverage at JTS...)

Help Support Us

Become a patron