Volleyball recruiting

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Pam McCune is 6'1" and Nayeli Gonzalez is 6'2". Pam's size is "average." But from what is written her abilities and athleticism, she could be special.

Nayeli, as Coach CJL states in the above intro vid, looks like Eleanor swatting, but we will be blessed if Gonzalez matches Eleanor "Thunder" Holthaus in all-around skills.

Eleanor is one remarkable player.

Pam's vid:
Ton of HIghlights: https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/nayeli_gonzalez

Last edited:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Here is the Top 25 list of IA HS VB players. There are four players from the list who are committed to high major VB programs (Dean to KU, Hayes to Creighton, Meester and P.Peterson to Louisville). None to ISU which again brings up concerns with recruiting and the program's ability to take next steps relative to becoming an annual conference championship contender and 2nd weekend NCAA tourney contender.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I am going to guess that she is the daughter of former ISU WBB player, Kelly Cizek.
Yes. Kelly actually came to ISU to play volleyball and track, but switched to basketball after one year. She now works for ISU Foundation.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Pam McCune is 6'1" and Nayeli Gonzalez is 6'2". Pam's size is "average." But from what is written her abilities and athleticism, she could be special.

Nayeli, as Coach CJL states in the above intro vid, looks like Eleanor swatting, but we will be blessed if Gonzalez matches Eleanor "Thunder" Holthaus in all-around skills.

Eleanor is one remarkable player.

Pam's vid:
Ton of HIghlights: https://sportsrecruits.com/athlete/nayeli_gonzalez

What a difference a year makes. Losing El is made a bit easier with how wel Nayeli has started the year. She really does remind me of Holthaus, maybe a bit quicker and a better blocker than freshman year El.

Pam has been the surprise for me. A pleasant one! QUICK big arm, seems to be able to follow blocking assignments well.

Reactions: StClone